Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Jury duty

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yogi1872

Had a citation through the door saying I have to go and if picked it's a 4 week trial it says. Expenses for the first 10 days cover £62 a day. How are they even allowed to pay you that

Think they must have left a digit off that figure ???

I'm no even joking that's what it says you get. If it lasts longer than 10 days it goes up to £109 a day. I've tried googling it and it seems to be right. I'd have thought it went by the last tax year submitted. I wouldn't cover my bills with the money it says you get in the first 10 days. How's that even allowed.

I'm no even joking that's what it says you get. If it lasts longer than 10 days it goes up to £109 a day. I've tried googling it and it seems to be right. I'd have thought it went by the last tax year submitted. I wouldn't cover my bills with the money it says you get in the first 10 days. How's that even allowed.
I would be declining to go , it’s not a legal requirement you can ask to be excused I did that years ago and never been asked again

Write to them saying you are not refusing to attend but as you are self employed (if you are) then you will be losing £X a day and if they are happy to pay your losses you will attend. If you are employed then explain that you have no one to cover your job and therefore the entire company will lose £X a day and if they are willing to cover that then you will attend.

As long as the above it true of course!

Don’t ignore it as it’ll only make it worse. Best thing to do is contact them straight away and just be honest.

Even if they don’t accept your explanation doesn’t mean your will be accepted in. When you go to selection you can be dismissed for all sorts. Perhaps you are not unbiased toward the defendant. Perhaps your religious views clash with what is being discussed. Perhaps you wI’ll declare they are ‘GUILTY’ right there and then ?

No but seriously don’t fret too much. I got called before but we had booked in a large contract job alongside another company so I sent them proof of that and they let me off.

I had one a couple of years back. I just wrote a letter saying I was self employed and would have no one to do my work for me, didn’t have to send any proof or figures or anything.

Don’t ignore it as it’ll only make it worse. Best thing to do is contact them straight away and just be honest.

Even if they don’t accept your explanation doesn’t mean your will be accepted in. When you go to selection you can be dismissed for all sorts. Perhaps you are not unbiased toward the defendant. Perhaps your religious views clash with what is being discussed. Perhaps you wI’ll declare they are ‘GUILTY’ right there and then ?

No but seriously don’t fret too much. I got called before but we had booked in a large contract job alongside another company so I sent them proof of that and they let me off.
Going off something of things he has said on here I'm sure he'll be able to get himself dismissed in the first 5 minutes

Had a letter last year, emailed explaining I was sole bread winner and had four children and self employed and contracts in place that if I didn’t honour would permanently lose. Had a reply that I was excused. the country has enough civil servants that do nothing but “work from home”, target them so they can actually do something other than view Netflix all day for a change.

Going off something of things he has said on here I'm sure he'll be able to get himself dismissed in the first 5 minutes

I would be biased, if anything is mentioned about them being a celtic fan there guilty, case closed. If that's not disclosed then il just have to make a well educated guess and make my mind up if he's one of them or no. Can usually spot them a mile away. Missing teeth, scruffy looking, his wife there to support him is actually biological sister too and so on. Some, but not all of the common signs that are giveaways that you notice.

View attachment 28403

For something that is so easy to get out of, why risk it ?

I went down a big hill when a was wee on a bmx with no brakes. From that day I realised risk only matters when it goes wrong. Nothing goes wrong for me so there's no risks involved in anything I do. Apart from the time I ran a red light and writ of a police car. That was just bad luck though

I did jury service jan 2019 was only for 2 weeks though and before I was a windy

The first day was about 1hr listening to them go through the procedure, Half of us got picked to stay half got sent home I got sent home on standby then got a text Wednesday to say to come in the following Monday which changed to Wednesday, then got picked for a case that started and finished in 1 day was a boring domestic case so for the whole 2 weeks I did one actual day on a case! So you might be lucky and end up on standby

Back