Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder Fatality

WCF

Help Support WCF:

4 years???. People do love bringing up stuff about ladders on here. Rears its ugly head again. Get a bit fed up with it now. I'm careful & use correct procedure & do not need training to climb a ladder so no matter how many times someone puts another 1 up I will carry on regardless.
it happend 4 years ago, but the report and the court case has only just been finished!

I dislike h&s mumbo jumbo as much as anyone, but dont think it's a bad thing to have these instances highlighted, helps keep you on your toes and stop complacency setting in. At the end of the day their is risk in just about everything as soon as you get up, and to my knowledge window cleaning fatalities aren't that high (may be wrong, about half a dozen a year??). However, a mate of mine knows an osteopath who told him that the highest % of her clients are fractures that relate to ladder falls, w/c is very much a ladder based job ( I know wfp etc) so i dont think it's really ladder bashing to raise these cases, just sobering.

Take care out there lads, it's winter again, if you're anything like me, you want to get jobs done as fast as possible and get home, easy to rush or over stretch, yes I'm wfp now but still use ladders 3or 4 hours a week.

I love ladder work just as much as water fed,nothing wrong with ladders just respect heights,only got 25 ft though,miss the days in the late nineties when started window cleaning for the firm running up and down 30ft ladders all day in summers.

Basic ruled on ladder work for me,if you ain't sure don't do it.

I dislike h&s mumbo jumbo as much as anyone, but dont think it's a bad thing to have these instances highlighted, helps keep you on your toes and stop complacency setting in. At the end of the day their is risk in just about everything as soon as you get up, and to my knowledge window cleaning fatalities aren't that high (may be wrong, about half a dozen a year??). However, a mate of mine knows an osteopath who told him that the highest % of her clients are fractures that relate to ladder falls, w/c is very much a ladder based job ( I know wfp etc) so i dont think it's really ladder bashing to raise these cases, just sobering.Take care out there lads, it's winter again, if you're anything like me, you want to get jobs done as fast as possible and get home, easy to rush or over stretch, yes I'm wfp now but still use ladders 3or 4 hours a week.
good post

Back