Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Day Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Laugher

Started my first day properly after changing people over from traditional overall bin good knackered now though arms ain't use to it lol only did 5 houses 2 were big houses (well for me lol) used lots of water about 300 litres and struggled with spotting so went over the windows twice, day didn't start off well though as hooked up my facelift pole and started to pump water found a leak in the hose pipe where the connector to the micro bore hose but will be quick fix so had to use my slx 25 which I found is a good pole although I didn't put to its limits, defo gonna think about a van mount don't think I can keep filling up my big boy all day although I might end up with arms like arnie lol just need a improvement on my technique and over time I will speed up just like I first started traditional but things are looking good and top it off got a call to quote a job so a good day even with the moments when I fort why did I change over lol

Sorry if its a point less topic but just wanted people to know how I got on after giving me good advice

Takes a few weeks to build a WFP neck and arms.

You could do frames. Let them dry. Then do glass. Slower but less spotting.

It's slow to start with. The first cycle of cleans is the worst. All that explaining and assuring and then the spotting, then the explaining about spotting and explaining it will work etc.

You'll get there and when you do, you'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier!

It starts all over again tomorrow lol I did give out a letter people were more worried about the price going up or not bin able to do the sills upstairs

any tips how to do the sills upstairs?

I often wonder y I got to into and stayed window cleaning when I see all my mates on better paid jobs and flash cars, but I'll get there just need the motivation to get up in the morning is my problem hit the snooze button to many times! Lol

As long at the sills are clean from when you last cleaned em lots of water and a quick brush over.

With WFP. The front edge of sill gets dirty. Window sills stay cleaner with WFP.

@ Dammo, I hate doing sills as the brush picks loads of **** up.
Go round the frames first, that way you'll not put the **** on the glass and the brush will 'clean it self'. Rinse off and you have a clean window.

Wouldn't worry too much about scratching glass, the dirt from windows is rarely enough to scratch.

Just dont drag you brush down walls when your bringing you pole down

when i clean windows the dirt on all the sills gathered up is bad but i just brush over it and its gone /emoticons/smile.png

First cleans a nightmare after that it easy. just don't hit the top frame with the water and the windows will be spot free every time

Like everyone saying once you get the 1st clean done then job is much easier and quicker. Clean the frames first then move onto the glass and finally give the sill a scrub, rinse, rinse and rinse well then just a quick wipe over sill again and should be fine. Keep your brush away from the wall and don't put down on the ground and get dirt in it and you'll be fine. Also as has been said stay away from top of frame, only clean that part when it starts to look really dirty and also stay away from the vents, they are the most problematic part i find. After a week you'll have adjusted to using wfp and soon start building up arm and neck muscles. I live near eastbourne and we have an airshow every year and i always joke i'm the only one who can go and look up all day long and not get a stiff tired neck lol!!! Keep at it mate and you'll love using wfp.

Few days in and I'm loving it, arms and neck ache and back when filling up but it's a lot easier than going up the ladder and getting blown off in the wind with the gusts in in lovely Lincolnshire lol good tip bout the top of the frame it's bin causing me problems so far,

Do gardiner do extensions for the sl-x 25? As I think I might have bought a shorter pole than what i needed for my big jobs /emoticons/wacko.png

It's slow to start with. The first cycle of cleans is the worst. All that explaining and assuring and then the spotting, then the explaining about spotting and explaining it will work etc.

You'll get there and when you do, you'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier!
Ditto :Image7:

Few days in and I'm loving it, arms and neck ache and back when filling up but it's a lot easier than going up the ladder and getting blown off in the wind with the gusts in in lovely Lincolnshire lol good tip bout the top of the frame it's bin causing me problems so far,

Do gardiner do extensions for the sl-x 25? As I think I might have bought a shorter pole than what i needed for my big jobs /emoticons/wacko.png
ye u can turn it in to a slx30 or slx35

Back