Lines down window!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by jordan, Jul 14, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jordan

jordan Member

Hello everyone as most of you know i had a problem with smears but thats all sorted now today i had 2 houses which left small lines after i had done them (looked like little water lines after dried) could this be maybe little niks in my rubber although i have looked or maybe grease on my rubber i will clean my rubber tonight with white vinegar hopefully that works.i think it could be as im doing domestic houses i just do downward strokes maybe as im starting at the top im pulling too much water down the window or maybe this could be too much fairy liquid?????????? i tried with less fairy helped but still a few lines?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Wipe the top of the glass with your finger in the cloth before you squeegee it.
    that will help stop water running down after

3. paulio

paulio Active Member

If the lines are all the way from top to bottom then I would say it's a nick in your rubber. But as daveyboy said, if you are doing straight pulls make sure you wipe the top edge with your cloth first as well as wiping the squeegee blade between pull downs.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Take half hour practising fanning on window at home and you will pick it up quite easily
    then if you have squiggly lines you know its the rubber

5. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

If you are doing 'straight down' blading then try this; After you have wet the glass, run a cloth along the top frame, wipe squeegee, then blade down. As you have wiped the top frame already there's no need to do again. Continue to blade down, only wipe the squeegee first and angle it slightly downwards on the dry side each time.

6. cheapncheerful

i rarely do straight pulls as it can leave lines at the over lap....thats where fanning wins cause the rubber never leaves the window...it is of course an acquired skill but dont worry i have been doing it for years and still coc k it up from time to time...

and you must never pause...as you will get a line....all in the flow...sometimes it just goes wrong...

and to save wiping the blade....you have to do the bladey tappy tap tap tap or is that only me....:rofl:

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do it different all the time
    sometimes just for quickness on the opening windows I just start on left bottom go up across top and down to bottom
    people have said don't drag water up the window but it works for me
    may be the big overhang of rubber I have at the ends of the channel??

8. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Pull downs are just for small windows & Trad Pole. As said practice the fanning technique on your house as it's not difficult, just extra detailing with scrims until you get more accomplished or modify/change your squeegee.

9. cheapncheerful

yeh daveyboy1 what ever gets you through the day...is okay...whatever gets you through the night...is alright..me varies my ways sometimes just for the fun of it and to break the boredom...:D

come on rice try it you might like it....the microfibre cloth i used scrim all my life for detailing not anymore....ta again mr allotment for your great posts that lead me to the light at the end of the tunnel...well i not using your real name too much but you know who you are...cheers...:D

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Don't get me started..my allotment is like a forest..2 jobs has ruined my allotment time
    I think scrim is dirty horrible stuff since I started on microfibre. .

Advertisement