Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Local windy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think it's fair game, tbh I have a rule I like to stick to and that is to not undercut anybody but if the customer is willing to leave them and join me then that's fine, I find when talking to customers neighbours there are a lot of people who have used the same windy for years, as soon as they say that I know they aren't interested so I take that as an opportunity to ask how much they charge and then thank them while slipping them a flier and business card and saying "if you ever need a reliable window cleaner in the future then here are my details"

If everyone goes around undercutting then there's gonna be no money left and everyone will be working twice as hard to get the same money

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Charge all his custys £3 a house, take all his work and then sell the round to someone and move on :rofl:

Omg...ive had...i clean this area.this road is ours...we clean around here!!!!!

They dont own the road....plenty to go around n carry on cleaning...if you got opposition as we all have...just watch ya pricing...other than that....fk them n carry on earnin /emoticons/smile.png

I'm not sure what hotwash was saying but I personally think there aren't many windies earning £300 a day every day. Ie £1500 a week £6000 a month every month. I reckon most of us have days here and there where we earn that or more but I wouldn't have thought many do it day in day out. Not saying nobody does but not as many as claim too! As others have said there's alot of bull talked in this game and certainly a lot in my area who apparently earn atleast a grand a week but are for some strange reason taking on part time jobs or panicking when we get a few wet days! Funny that

Yes, there is plenty of bull about. I chuckle to myself when I read obvious bull on here. 8 vans on the road by this time next year, 1 van to 5 over night etc. Some are just dreamers who still live at home with mom and dad, some are just d/cks.

There's 2 on here that are full of it.  

I posted a similar message a while ago in another thread but I have found since I started the only windies in my area that are full of bull sh $t are the ones that are charging about £5-7 per house and doing rubbish job only cleaning glass etc. I have picked up so many charging double just cos I do frames sills every time etc. The quality windies round here are friendly and aknowledge ya cos if u do a good job there's loads of work for everyone. The ones that need to create stuff and boast are the ones that ain't doing so well in my experience.
yup exactly the same here

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back