Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Locking van while working?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you need to lock the van, you're surely working in the wrong area?
Got nowt to do with work area a thief can quite easily pull up in a car or van in any area and pinch a pole worth £100's out the back of a van or any other gear which would see any of us out of pocket if it happened to us.

Some other window cleaners i wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them and i am sure their is plenty about once they see how expensive the gear is some of us are using would happily take a easy opportunity of a unlocked van.

Should get chance to fit my under van roller this weekend. Will make life easier.

I never locked my van for over a year till one day some ladders went missing. Actually no idea if they were nicked or I left them somewhere as I had used them a couple of times that day but since then I always lock them.

Had mine done by GrippaTank 

Those rollers are surely better than external ports?  The ports could break couldn't they?   Couldn't u thread your hose through the rollers when filling your tank at night as well?

Regarding locking. You're right.  I can lock all van then use key to unlock back doors only and front doors stay locked.  That's something I guess.  Only my slx extension pole is worth anything so could put that in front part if it'll fit.  Rest of stuff is pumps and batteries which if they nick will stop my water flowing so I'll know about it.

If I get rollers fitted would making a hole that big in the floor affect the value of van if I ever sell it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back