Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking for a decent watch

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bought a Kinetic Pulsar watch for £50 in the Makro sale 30yrs ago and its not missed a beat. I don't need to wind it up because its a self-winder when wearing it. Still has original strap. Some folk say they are as good as a rolex but they are not going to make money if they last 30yrs though. ?

I've got a phone it has the time on the screen, I just don't get why people want a watch for work, get crack on and finish when you finish 
a bluetooth watch is great as i can answer my phone on it while im working instead of trying to scramble around for my phone in my pocket.....well worth it to me.....i always have one bluetooth earbud in listening to music/podcasts or audio books.....

I'm currently wearing a rotary henly black metal strap watch for work.

I have been going deaf in 1 ear so now got a hearing aid in that ear and can answer phone on that and listen to music etc.

Fully bluetooth and connects to tv etc.

Should do at £1100 but now I don't have to get phone out of pocket ever so never know the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
a bluetooth watch is great as i can answer my phone on it while im working instead of trying to scramble around for my phone in my pocket.....well worth it to me.....i always have one bluetooth earbud in listening to music/podcasts or audio books.....
Things are getting really tough these days that people can't reach into a pocket and pull out a phone and press answer ?

Things are getting really tough these days that people can't reach into a pocket and pull out a phone and press answer ?
I'm a conventional phone answering person, What's with these stupid ear bud things that look like Mira shower heads? Whats wrong with standard wired headphones you don't forget to charge them. 

Everyone in society is losing their unique identity and all keeping up with the Jones's 

Not for me. I can't listen to music when I work. I value my spacial awareness haha 

Last edited by a moderator:
i phone classic, 64gig, nearly 5,000 albums on it. 
Sony wired headphones as it’s a fact that earphones (rather than headphones) are much more likely to damage  ear drums.

If my phone rings I do this very technical thing of pressing the green icon which answers it ?

It's hard to do when you ve normally got your pole extended at 20-25ft.......?....its much easier to press a button on a watch
Granted it's most likely a bit easier, personally I can manage to whip out my phone out of my back pocket and answer the phone within 3-4 rings then answer if needed, 9/10 times they are spam calls some not worth answering anyway 

I don't understand the urge to answer the phone whilst working. I have another business that I generate a decent income from and that phone doesn't get answered if the pole is in the air. If my son, who I work with, needs to speak he will ring me twice quickly, my Wife will also do the same.

I don't understand the urge to answer the phone whilst working. I have another business that I generate a decent income from and that phone doesn't get answered if the pole is in the air. If my son, who I work with, needs to speak he will ring me twice quickly, my Wife will also do the same.
Definately. My ear piece is for practical measures whilst driving etc.

And yes, bluetooth Can Be Used.

I don't answer the phone while at work. Our business number is my wife's phone. She fields the business calls. If it's anything we need to know while we're out she phones or texts my son.

I do the driving, son takes calls and navigates depending on the job order he sees as being the most efficient.

I'm a conventional phone answering person, What's with these stupid ear bud things that look like Mira shower heads? Whats wrong with standard wired headphones you don't forget to charge them. 

Everyone in society is losing their unique identity and all keeping up with the Jones's 

Not for me. I can't listen to music when I work. I value my spacial awareness haha 
You can get 'headphones' that use bone conduction! This means your ears are not covered at all, so you get full spacial awareness and music ? OK so the sound isn't hifi but a bit of music always helps me work. They are not cheap but they get good reviews here: https://amzn.to/38NtXNn 

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Granted it's most likely a bit easier, personally I can manage to whip out my phone out of my back pocket and answer the phone within 3-4 rings then answer if needed, 9/10 times they are spam calls some not worth answering anyway 
Some of us have friends,family and a missus who ring sometimes during the day while I'm working...?...my mum is on her own now so I like to be able to answer and keep working at the same time!?

Each to their own....but I'm a drummer in my spare time...if I need to learn any new songs its handy to become familiar with the drum parts while I'm working 

I don't get why you wouldn't answer a work phone during working hours but each to their own.

I use a fitbit as I was interested to see my health and activity when working which aren't to bad does the job the apple I watch is better but a lot more £.

I managed with out a watch at work for 20 years previous so can see why most don't bother.

But from what I read on the forums most are cleaning in their Rolex's or similar.

Some of us have friends,family and a missus who ring sometimes during the day while I'm working...?...my mum is on her own now so I like to be able to answer and keep working at the same time!
Give it 20 years she won't ring as often ?

I can understand your need to be easily contactable with your mam incase she needs you. 

You can get 'headphones' that use bone conduction! This means your ears are not covered at all, so you get full spacial awareness and music ? OK so the sound isn't hifi but a bit of music always helps me work. They are not cheap but they get good reviews here: https://amzn.to/38NtXNn 
The only music I listen to is in my van. Never when working 

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back