Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking for a decent watch

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't get why you wouldn't answer a work phone during working hours but each to their own
I do when it's safe to do so, propping an extended £1000 pole against the wall isn't what I'd call safe.

If the call is important they will either leave a message, email, text or WhatsApp me. When you ring them back, explaining you were working with an extended pole, they have always understood. 

wow, I thought this thread was dead.

Granted it's most likely a bit easier, personally I can manage to whip out my phone out of my back pocket and answer the phone within 3-4 rings then answer if needed, 9/10 times they are spam calls some not worth answering anyway 
so true, most calls simply not worth answering. The calls I get from work are usually coming from one off jobs that i don't want to do. Best jobs are usually via text/whatsapp/FB

I'm a conventional phone answering person, What's with these stupid ear bud things that look like Mira shower heads? Whats wrong with standard wired headphones you don't forget to charge them. 

Everyone in society is losing their unique identity and all keeping up with the Jones's 

Not for me. I can't listen to music when I work. I value my spacial awareness haha 
you obviously haven't tried. I've used plenty wired headphones before but it was a pain and they don't last. Bluetooth headphones are so much better. listening to music or audio book or podcasts help me with my work and make things more enjoyable. You're missing out on so much, not many jobs out there where you can listen to what you want.  

Things are getting really tough these days that people can't reach into a pocket and pull out a phone and press answer ?
It's difficult if you're up the ladder or holding a pole 

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get 'headphones' that use bone conduction! This means your ears are not covered at all, so you get full spacial awareness and music ? OK so the sound isn't hifi but a bit of music always helps me work. They are not cheap but they get good reviews here: https://amzn.to/38NtXNn 
Oh sorry read it wrong. Thought it said a  Boner conduction...was going to get one of those!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
so true, most calls simply not worth answering. The calls I get from work are usually coming from one off jobs that i don't want to do. Best jobs are usually via text/whatsapp/FB
Same here although most of the calls I get are from people about my domain names or trying to tell me they can get me on page 1 of Google, the tricky thing is these days calls are coming from either local numbers or mobiles so I have to answer the call to filter them then block and mark as spam

I do when it's safe to do so, propping an extended £1000 pole against the wall isn't what I'd call safe.

If the call is important they will either leave a message, email, text or WhatsApp me. When you ring them back, explaining you were working with an extended pole, they have always understood. 
Excatly #Part Timer. I'll have my Plantronics ear piece in. Before i start driving, either listen to voicemail left or return the call during trading hours.

I think I’d struggle working without music.

Pushing a pole all day is monotonous enough, but about 11ish, bang on a bit of ska and sing your head off and the next few hours have disappeared ?
Blimey, i enjoy my work. If its tedious, add variety to your service.

Have you still not got a watch yet? Stop wasting time and face up to the fact you need one. 

This may be a so solid post but you've got 21 seconds to go 

Latest Posts

Back