Looking To Add A Side Business To My Window Cleaning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Mar 19, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

just seen a decent place for myself to setup a car wash ...decent place with plenty of scope and i know it can work so im on to it and if i get it im gonna work their on weekends and hire someone on weekdays :)

I know the landlord and hes willing to sort me out and knock the rent down for me a bit :) if i like it then its all mine at a low cost :p

All i will need is a decent pressure washer as all the car washes down my area use pressure washers and they charge average 5-8 pound for in and out clean

In the mean time im stll aiming for my 200 customer mark for window cleaning. my aim was to have 200 customers in 1 year i now ahve around 175 and its been 10 months so its looking good :)

if i get this car wash im gonan link it up with my window cleaning business

put on my leaflets,flyers In association with ( my car wash ) and i will give customers a dicscount card to use my car wash get 40% off or something

and who ever gets their cars cleaned by me ill give them a voucher for my window cleaning business sayin 50% off :)

Advertisement
  2. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

have you done car washing before h ?

othere then your own lol

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

everything seem a lot cheaper up ur end!

our hand car wash places start at £5 outside only! upto £20-£30

4. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

You've got alot of drive , fair play you go for it

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So how much is the rent & business rates H?

Busy hand car washes around my area have at least 4-6 people working at any one time washing cars. :rolleyes:

What with the rent & business rates, wages etc then there is all the kit you need also consumables so don't think it going to be cheap to get started.

Do your homework and don't rush into signing a lease contract or you could lose every penny you've got and more....

6. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

h if u want more income ask all your customers if there want there windows cleaned every 3 weeks instead of 4 thought the summer .

you will be surprised what they say, remember years ago people got there windows cleaned every fortnight, some still do

7. harunh

harunh Legend

never done car washing before :p but i never done window cleaning before until i turned up at my first customers address lol

Also its very cheap up here but its still profitable by a good amount if your run things properly :)

Also am looking at about £12.00 per day.... wash 1/2 cars and ill earn that back :)

i reckon i can do 700 quid and build it up to over a grand a week :)

but ill be paying about 200 pound a week out in wages aswell but the more i earn the more wages ill be paying out as ill get more staff in

8. Posh

Posh Hero

We had one at the back of our pub but they had to stop as the the landlords water rates went sky high plus there was no where proper for the water to run. It started at £5 a car & it was amazing what they do for a fiver. 5 people working there & you gotta have a lot of gear. Fair play H if it works but there's a lot to it.

9. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Same in my manor H,how you gonna make decent money.get my van cleaned in and out for £15 and they do a good job.they have a gang of blokes who knock these vehicles out and they got all kit.reckon about half hour and it's like a massive production line.good luck if you can make it work and make money.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

im lookign for a lot of more income as my main target is still gaining 400 window cleaning customers

as i said 200 was my 12 month target :)

But i wouldnt mind another business to keep me going for the weekend... just gotta hire sum1 to do it while am not their :) its just gonna be a bit of pocket money for me :)

Advertisement