Lost A Commercial Job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Feb 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

I clean a retail chain once every 2 weeks , cleaned em today and the woman ( think she was the managers sister or something) says to me the windows arent done, look its all wet i wfp outside and used vikan kit on inside, she goes look their streaky i go na ther not they wer actually clean but cos the sun was shining in it looked like their wer streaky then she goes their all wet i go u supposed to leave em wet she goes no ya not then i heard her on fone sayin pay him this tym and terminate his contract i go okay fine ... Hmmm

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

not good, but most commercial shops like to have dry windows, i ways use squeege on them.

3. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

LOL H, stand in manager with a superiority complex can be bad for business. How dare you tell her how to clean windows. :eek:

Richard

4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

maybe go back later in the day when their dry and show her that their clean and streak free and she might reconsider,its times like this when you might regret not learning how to use a squeegy

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

to be fair h, if the windows are streaky when the sun hits them then the windows are streaky, end of! maybe your vikan kit doesnt do as good a job as you think.

6. Posh

Posh Hero

I was thinking that. Surely if there streaky there stay streaky. As said go back & check em. Squeegee mate all the way but to me they shouldn't streak mate. Maybe the wfp guys can help u H

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I can see the point in using a vikan for awkward jobs, like on stairs etc but im assuming you could squeegee them. Its not hard to learn H. Do you not think its worth your while learning to use it now?

8. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

i always squeegee shops even the ones with harder to reach window just use an extension pole i use microfiber cloths and spray pure water on some of the internals if they've got displays set up, sometimes when you look at it from a different angle you can see a streak or small mark it shows even more if the sun is glaring right on them just take your time and check them or learn to use a squeegee

9. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Time and time on this forum I see the argument of wfp and squeegee.
    Some people think im being funny about it and I do both.
    Another odd chap who will remain nameless thinks it's bonkers to carry 2 kits.
    This has proved a classic point.
    Learn that squeegee H,I don't want you to lose any more jobs mate.

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

He'll still say no lol

Advertisement