Lost custy

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Aqua-pure Portadown, Oct 25, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Aqua-pure Portadown

Aqua-pure Portadown Active Member

Text my custys weds night and got a text back from one saying she had got them cleaned and would not need my services any more:-( .
    I asked politely why she had got another cleaner and her reply was "I can get the inside and out done for £15)
    I charged £10 for outside ,so I said ok if he disappears give me a call!

Surely this guy has to be doing the barney ruble ?!?

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

dont go back to her , block her number too

3. TolishAPurd

This is the unfortunate thing about this job, many people just want the cheapest price, and very often loyalty is out the window for the sake of a couple of quid. The only thing we can do is play our own part by not playing into the hands of cheap customers by undercutting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I had a similar situation this week. She was a £7 monthly clean and asked for a quartaly clean.. I said sorry, the latest I clean in bi monthly. She texed back saying sorry I will find a new window cleaner.

Personally I won't clean a house for £28 a year. Not worth it. She will be replaced by next week.

5. TolishAPurd

I've had that happen to me, but I just put the price up on her. I think it went from £21 to £25 just for the 2 monthly. But for a quarterly I would charge close to double as if it was a first clean.

6. Aqua-pure Portadown

I have only been full time for just over a year ,but the first rule I made was to work out my own price and stick to it , I have people saying all the time "I can get a guy to clean them for xyz" my reply is no probs go ahead ,but give me a call when he disappears !

On another occasion I was doing a house and asked the custy if he got his pvc cleaned and if he didn't mind how much , A guy charged him £50 and it took him a day and a half :-( like wtf ????
    I would have quoted £110 and done it in 3 hrs :) , hard to beat the benefit guys !!!!

7. TolishAPurd

Its not just the benefitters underquoting. I went and quoted a house at £55 for a 3 monthly. Loads of glass, about 5 skylights etc. He told me he had 2 quotes around the £30 mark and one of the companies was VAT registered!?!?!?!? I had only just come from cleaning a house about half the size for £30, so I appologised for wasting his time and left. I could have knocked a fiver off the price, but £30 was just impossible. I recommended he snap the guys arm off.

8. Aqua-pure Portadown

If you had of done it for £30 you would of hated going to it every quarter and you heart would not of been in it !
    Better to leave it alone , I do believe these guys charging stupidly will not be a round for long :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Andy cherry

Andy cherry Member

i think you guys may be missing something here.....I understand that a lot of those signing on have been chased off the dole into self employment and zero hours contracts to keep the unemployment stats down,i know my brother in law for one ,does 24 hrs at a minimum wage and is then able to top up with tax credits....another windy I have met recently does the same self employed minimum hours all to get him off dole and claiming top ups and I quote,'it does not really matter how much I charge as long as it amounts to better than dole I can keep housing benefit etc and add tax credits.......got me thinking what the fu6k am I doing

10. Aqua-pure Portadown

Andy tbh I don't miss the point .

I started with no custys and very little in the way of money each week but haven't claimed any benifits, housing or otherwise ,

Surely if everyone charged the going rate they would not need to continue to claim ?

Maybe I am don't understand as I have never been in the system and worked for a company for 26 years before packing it in and starting on my own !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement