Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Low flow from pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

System is 4 years old so i guess could have some blockage potentially, when i stop flow pressure builds but quickly goes back to a very low flow. Using Facelift Compact van system. The auto pressure switch off is working. Unfortunately i have a full tank of water 440L so gonna be a struggle to reach the filter in the tank - any tips welcome - thanks in advance

never had this problem during previous winters, flow has been up and down recently, working fine then at times its really weak <0.5L/m - gotta feeling it maybe to do with either the pump failing or the filter in the tank being blocked. Dont know how debri would get in the tank tbh ? I am not 100% sure its hose related but will try and reel out the 100m tomo and see if that improves things ? (thanks for the recommendation) - one thing i can think of is an amazon prime driver managed to park directly on top of the hose a few weeks ago - was literally ridiculous as there was about 100m of free space for him to pull up but me managed to get both rear whells on the hose and then disappeared into the back of the van to find a parcel - i didn't think that it had caused lasting problems - initially i had low flow but it then corrected itself (but has since comeback)

Last edited:
Check every single fitting on any hose on every part of your system jubilee clips those butterfly fittings on your pump etc to see if they just need nipping up a bit as you could be getting air into the system somewhere this can cause such issues also as above you may need to up your cal but if you haven't needed to nip up any fittings since you bought your system this could be the issue

I would agree with all the above suggestions which could well be effecting water flow. If the controller shows DE unexpectedly or the pump seems to cycle with a pulse of water then less flow it may be worth running autocal on the controller to ensure the correct calibration value for the flow rate. Set the flow to your preferred rate then run autocal

If the controller displays PS when the flow reduces it could be that the pump pressure switch is being cycled on/off in which case Caibration value might be a little high.
Running autocal may also help with that.

The cal value dies not directly affect pressure in the system. Cal is a way for the controller too know when a valve is closed and that the pump is Dead Ended (DE) The higher the Cal value the longer it takes the controller to dead end the pump. In some cases if Both Cal and Flow is set high ( 90 +) the pump pressure switch stops the pump rather than the controller dead ending it. That happens because the controller is less sensitive to the valve being closed and the pump runs for a few seconds and pressure builds up behind the valve with the pressure switch activating due to the high pressure.

The ideal is to have the controller stop the pump by dead ending it as this protects the pump pressure switch. Cal value should be a as low as possible to suit the flow rate used.

Also it woudl be worth checking wiring for and badly corroded or damaged cable/connectors including the Fuse and Fuse holder replace any that are badly corroded as this can effect current draw by the pump.

The water in my tank today is 6 degrees C. At 0 degrees C it would be solid.

On Friday, I used 2 hose reels. The first was our microbore hose which was reeled out to one side of the house, which I started cleaning first. The second hose reel is our minibore hose and that was reeled out around the back which I connected up to when I finished cleaning the front. At our cold water temperatures, I had a noticeably higher water flow using the minibore hose.

Back