Matthew 7: 7-8

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by BenjiRixon, May 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. BenjiRixon

BenjiRixon Active Member

Went out canvassing yesterday and still on a high buzzing from it. Picked up £107 regular monthly cleans in 3 hours....... all in streets that have window cleaners!!!

I don't know a single window cleaner round my way that have canvassed their round.... Plenty of Facebook plugin and website bashing and leaflet dropping and sitting back and waiting.......

I'm not a religious man but do like this quote

7 “Ask and it will be given to you;seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Nice one! I'm starting my canvassing Tuesday now my foot will let me walk without a limp

3. BenjiRixon

BenjiRixon Active Member

Go for it!

I love it to be honest. I just rocked up with my branded t shirt on and my shorts and trainers on, clip board held loosely at my side, couple of business cards for the yes's and paper ones for 'I'll have a think about it' 's

No hard selling, just open and honest .......

4. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I haven't any sign written clothes but clip board is a good tip. All my work to date is from recommendations/contacts but that's dried up. My target is 80 custies with my 5k Flyers and door knock the obviously in :)

5. cheapncheerful

great post
    BenjiRixon I have never knocked a door as I am a coward but that does inspire great confidence..

I am not religious but..

I always say please lord let them be safe just this one night...every night when the kids are out..

and when I slipped on the gutter last week as my legs stiffened and I was sliding along on my big ladders ..

please lord please..

and you have to say on reading such words as above they are really clever...very clever..

one thing I and most dont like is somebody who would force religion on another...

but as a scientific person I will say this...

religion can look stupid if you think about it but so can science...I mean come on...black holes what...anti protons..what..quarks..

overall...I say..LIFE IS SUSPICIOUS..

GOOD LUCK ANYWAY

BenjiRixon and of course...good luck to you too jimroot...

most of all...forum moto....

KEEP US INFORMED..gav loves the post traffic stats...he goes to sleep with them every night...:D

6. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Life is a bit suspicious.
    religion is a good way to deal with the fear of uncertainty. Science skates over it and creates a new problem to explore. IMO. Both seem to end up in the same place. But I just want money to buy a family holiday :)

7. cheapncheerful

its all right for you jimroot I have to go to church three times soon to hear the daughters banns read out for her wedding...so off my lazy chair early on a sunday..

one thing I will add is...the strangeness of going in a church...it makes you feel so good ...and you come out into the daylight with that special feeling...probably all in the mind but...I can still sing them hymns:D...

now dont tell anyone cause I want to get there first but I am having one of them three man tents from aldi on thursday...even if I have little money I will still get away...probs off mr taytay country...bakewell and moneyash ...

8. BenjiRixon

BenjiRixon Active Member

#8 BenjiRixon, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
    Flyers aren't to bad if you drop them then follow up next day with a knock. But it's still a bit pushy in my eyes. I like people not to feel pressured into something. And don't need branded clothing just wear what you'd wear on the job.

When I knock a door I knock it like I'm calling on someone I know. I don't stand too close to the step so not invading personal space and I never stand head on, I just slightly turn body more towards next doors front door. Clip board is always down by my side never infront of my chest. My posture is always relaxed never stood up straight. Your going into conversation ...... Not a battle.

When customer opens door, they're greeted with a totally passive relaxed vibe which puts them at ease.

Then I just say

hello, I'm only a window cleaner (again confirms I'm not a salesman)

I do a few of the houses in the street (even if I don't but sounds like I'm already established) and just having a knock around to see if anyone else would like theirs done .......

That's how I do it anyway, varies slightly (but not much) if I'm doing a posh area

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. cheapncheerful

I like your style...nice...:D

yes dont think you need to be too pushy to succeed and also..hopefully you will have to get on with the people in the future as your custys..

I had a custy move onto a new estate recently she was bombarded by cold calls and leaflets from some one saying he had sixty jobs on the estate..she still chose me..:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Shy bens get nowt . Good for you :thumbsup: I'm like cnc. I don't door knock .......I let them find me ......ive tried it once, found too many messers , there's a reason there haven't a window cleaner . But if it works for you ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement