Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Min fees - fronts only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I couldn’t/wouldn’t live in a rural area. I love action and vibrant cities.

I do appreciate I am in a lucky position ??
Bromley must have changed a lot since late 80's early 90's ????

Sorry couldn't resist, I used to live in Chislehurst then Orpington, went to Bromley college for 4 years many years ago. Is The Crown still on Bromley Common by college?

Bromley must have changed a lot since late 80's early 90's ????

Sorry couldn't resist, I used to live in Chislehurst then Orpington, went to Bromley college for 4 years many years ago. Is The Crown still on Bromley Common by college?
Bromley has a great nightlife with a good selection of pubs.

Yes the Crown is still there. It’s a Toby carvery 

It’s rare I visit a pub for food. Think it’s a waste of drinking time ??

Where do you live now?
Close to sunny Blackpool ? Lived Chislehurst, Orpington, Meopham, Welling, and Guilford over about 18 years or so, worked in Bickley, Woolwich Arsenal, Cobham, and Farnborough (Hants), been up here for last 16 years. So my recollections of Bromley are a long time ago ? 

Close to sunny Blackpool ? Lived Chislehurst, Orpington, Meopham, Welling, and Guilford over about 18 years or so, worked in Bickley, Woolwich Arsenal, Cobham, and Farnborough (Hants), been up here for last 16 years. So my recollections of Bromley are a long time ago ? 
You left Bromley for Lancashire?!!

Was you on the glue? ?

You left Bromley for Lancashire?!!

Was you on the glue? ?
I was born in Portsmouth but grew up on Merseyside (Wirral) then moved south for MoD apprenticeship. Moved to Blackpool to run holiday apartments in 2005 ?.

If you think Bromley has good nightlife then you should see Blackpool!!! It's not just stags and hens although they are still catered for in a certain area. Blackpool is good to visit but now we live a few miles out and most of my custy are not in Blackpool ? 

Just had a Google at Bromley and wow has it changed! The pedestrianised the main street, the Glades is now massive, McD is still in same place as is Richer Sounds, the cinema is a bar!!!! Looks like lots of restaurants and bars up there now. 

Might lift my prices slightly but want a little more customers in before i do, 

Peoples price seem to vary a fair bit 

In 1 or 2 areas i get your £1 or £2 more than the last cleaner (apart from one area take in account around london border, a front would be around £3.75!)

And sometimes im £10 less on a little house!

Currently from £8 minimum on a monthly or  from £10 on fronts for once every 2 months.

I was born in Portsmouth but grew up on Merseyside (Wirral) then moved south for MoD apprenticeship. Moved to Blackpool to run holiday apartments in 2005 ?.

If you think Bromley has good nightlife then you should see Blackpool!!! It's not just stags and hens although they are still catered for in a certain area. Blackpool is good to visit but now we live a few miles out and most of my custy are not in Blackpool ? 

Just had a Google at Bromley and wow has it changed! The pedestrianised the main street, the Glades is now massive, McD is still in same place as is Richer Sounds, the cinema is a bar!!!! Looks like lots of restaurants and bars up there now. 
Was in Blackpool last October. Had a session in The Dutton Arms ?

Might lift my prices slightly but want a little more customers in before i do, 

Peoples price seem to vary a fair bit 

In 1 or 2 areas i get your £1 or £2 more than the last cleaner (apart from one area take in account around london border, a front would be around £3.75!)

And sometimes im £10 less on a little house!

Currently from £8 minimum on a monthly or  from £10 on fronts for once every 2 months.
"£1 or £2 more than the last cleaner". And why not? You're there, where is he? How long since he was last there? Why is he no longer there? Probably wasn't charging enough to thrive. You are in it for the long road to thrive, I'm sure. Not to just survive. Inflation needs to be accounted for and kept up with (exceeded). ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Davy G i actually said that to one customer, 

" my last cleaner was £13, so why are you £17?" 

Me " your last cleaner isn't here as your house is too much work for £13, they can't survive on it"

Didn't get it but point still stands.

I just need to fight temptation to win every job and remember i want a business not a job.

i used to be alright with a fiver however the one customer i did that for used to get very snotty with me turning up - even though she requested me - as i'd ring her the night before to tell her i was coming and it would (i think) catch her out. This was her request too - i did tell her that she could be text'd in advance on the saturday automatically if she gave me her phone number, she refused and insisted i ring the evening before.

Then she'd get snotty with me as if it was my fault! I stopped going there in the end and decided that even though it was a fiver for literally less than 3 mins work, (which i used to stretch out to a good 5 mins) it just wasn't worth the bother. Now I won't do fronts only for less than a tenner - my minimum fee. Gotta have some meat on the bone after fuel..

Back