Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Like Richard said that is down to you how you manage your business. Myself I prefer to work the least hours possible for the maximum reward then it’s nap time /emoticons/biggrin.png

Think you need to take into account the cost and time it takes to get to a job and set up. House on its on May take five minutes, whereas a house where you already have customers might be a case of just walking through the gate. I know I use to have difficulty explaining why I charge ten pound for two Windows on flat but you had to take into account other factors. Minimum cost is what you can work to without starting to make a loss. We all probably have different break even levels.

High value compact work is the key in this game if you want to earn more than the average cleaner.

Like Richard said that is down to you how you manage your business. Myself I prefer to work the least hours possible for the maximum reward then it’s nap time /emoticons/biggrin.png
I think we all get that now smurf, but we're on a window cleaning forum talking about window cleaning, of which we can only charge a certain realistic range of prices if we want to keep the customers coming back each month. Going off a pricing thread a little while back my prices were in the top end range so I've got no issues there. The question posed by the OP was whether we have a minimum price, not whether there are any other more profitable jobs out there. If someone has just 3 windows, and you are charging a tenner when you have plenty of work nearby, then I would say you're doing well out of it. Try charging 20 a month for it and I don't think you'll be doing them long.

I got shot off all my old regular £10-£15 window cleaning jobs now as managed to replace them with higher paid jobs instead.

I have my hourly rate which i always price a 20 min job at half hour anyway etc

So never loose out

It is what i want to earn an hour to live very comfortably so that is what i quote

1 off jobs are priced a bit differently to be worthwhile losing regular cleaning time and having to catch up

My lowest priced job is £2 :oops:, it's a builders type office right on the road which I'm passing anyway. I just go in for a chat, use the bog and have a cuppa mainly.

I don't earn a lot from this game ;-)

I got shot off all my old regular £10-£15 window cleaning jobs now as managed to replace them with higher paid jobs instead.
Nought wrong with that smurf, but its got nothing to do with the thread, lol./emoticons/biggrin.png

Were these £10-£15 jobs under priced then?

EDIT: oops a spelling mistake in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I just could not be aresed doing them as I hate ******* window cleaning with a passion /emoticons/biggrin.png

No I just could not be aresed doing them as I hate ******* window cleaning with a passion /emoticons/biggrin.png
/emoticons/tongue.png

small-truth-road-sign.jpg

I also dropped ones worth alot more than that too :rolleyes:

So now my min price is what I want it to be so I don't take on any old shite anymore as my naps are more important than work. /emoticons/biggrin.png

The original post was "Do you have a minimum price for a house ? posted in chit chat so could be anything to do with cleaning not just window cleaning.:rolleyes:

Back