Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman ( again!!!)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Only ever used it as a hand tool good squeegee though, I use the excelator for the tiny bit of pole work I do. 

No the contour plus has put an end to lines I don't know how this works but believe me it does another point about it seems expensive at around £35 just for a squeegee handle but it is paying me back by saving a fortune on squeegee rubber which I don't change nearly as often

Anyone used the Contour plus handle with the Moerman channel...and still have same results(turn marks etc)?
The mystery of lines from the tip of the liquidator still baffles me somewhat (can't say I have too many problems with turn marks though).  I use the contour pro plus with liquidator channel and do seem to get less issues.  I would say it's worth trying.  I also allow the rubber to extend slightly over the ends on each side, that seems to have helped too.  It's trial and error until you settle on the right set up.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I sat the squeegee in a pot of boiling water and straightened the end clips a bit. Couldn't believe the difference. Been able to get it working great with the excellerator handle 

No pal I tried bending them more to start with and it made it worse so I straightened them and it works perfect. 

I would say your right bob , I’ve watched the Clips turn the rubber slightly and that’s what seems to bring the lines. I think the more the rubber is wore you won’t get the lines as it isn’t as chunky at the ends and is smoothed out with use

Last edited by a moderator:
H MAN said:
In time one of the big players, will bring out a swivel type squeegee.

That will address all of the problems Wagtail and Moerman have. :1f609:
Spill the beans sounds like you know something the rest of us don’t. 

I don't really understand what difference changing a handle can make? Hands up, I don't get it!
I can understand changing the angle of the handle, which I've done, and 25 works much better for me than 40...mush less solution running down the handle on to my hands, and no problems with closing out.
I realise that there's movement in the excelerator handle, but I don't have that much of an issue with it, compared to the positives I get from it....simple angle changes for pole work being a major plus.... I've tried contour plus channel, works good, not as precise as moerman tho I reckon, and I get metal on plastic occasionally,which I don't like, I don't want to risk scratching frames.... With plastic end clips, there's no worry.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

IV been using the liquidator channel contour pro plus red razer rubber and green unger end clips but iv noticed 2 thin lines near the end of where I blade. Do you think that's caused by the green end clips? I also wondered if it's because I had to change one of the fixed ends after dropping and breaking one of the ends?
I'm interested to what you think. Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was getting lines too until I put the clips in boiling water and straightened them a bit. Works perfect now

Tried the contour pro + worked a treat so ordered a second one . After a while started to get pains in wrist ,was off for a weeks holiday still pain in wrist but getting better ordered a strap to support wrist .back at work for two half days due to heat now in agony so its back to Moerman handle .Had tried reducing tension on handle but think the amount of pressure to move spring is too great so going to try slightly more pressure with moreman and different attack angle .

Put Fliq back on Moerman handle with new razor red rubber and locked angle same as contour pro+ and no swivel .First windows lines at top and "smudge" at bottom . Lines always seem to be above shoulder height so wondered if lifting top of blade away slightly when blade is high up ( try thinking of a motor bike twist grip ) . Put a bit more than usual pressure on blade but not as much as contour plus ... Magic ... no lines . Unlocked swivel action no lines ..flew through days work .

So maybe we are slightly twisting handle towards our body high up and when below belly button height twisting handle away giving "smudge "towards bottom of window .

Anyway now a happy bunny to be back with Moerman handle apart from being about £70 lighter for 2 Ettore handles . So try adding a little extra pressure to blade .

If you want to pay postage on top you can but to be honest I wouldn't recommend buying one as it's given me a pain in arm and wrist might as well use a standard handle and put a bit more pressure on it 

If you want to pay postage on top you can but to be honest I wouldn't recommend buying one as it's given me a pain in arm and wrist might as well use a standard handle and put a bit more pressure on it 
Only diff between contour pro plus and standard handle is spring so buy a normal handle just a gimmick in my opinion 

I just normal moerman fixed handle for "hand work", do not need swivel except for pole work, then I use combinator. But have liquidator swivel handle set to fix on my 14inch and both worked fine in Fridays torrential downpour as I was finishing a conservatory....no detailing required.

My conotour handle came today. First go and it feels really good to work with and so smooth. As someone mentioned straight away I felt a slight strain in my hand. No lines with liquidator channel in. I’ll give it a proper go on Monday 

Latest Posts

Back