Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most annoying things strangers say when you're doing a job and their walking past

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Had one the other week similar, next door came out saying you can practise on mine if you like.

******* morons

So it doesn't matter where you are in the country their seems to be a script these annoying people follow. I wouldn't dream of walking up to an electriction or plumber and say "that's cheating" "your not doing a proper job" can you imagine the response..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I clean a shop window in town at 8am every saturday morning and this same lad passes me while i am cleaning the window with wfp and every week he pipes up......waste of time mate them brushes cant clean windows you need a shammy why dont you do the job properly, this has been going on for about 1 year now i am starting to get worried now because my patients with him is wearing very thin and i might break a pole section.
wait until winter hopfully your water will freeze and he will end up on his arxe

My most common is:
'You missed a spot mate!'

And Im like hmm, not funny.

I also have this woman who seems to walk past a regular town centre job I do every week at the same time and she says:

'Look! He's got his pole out!' or 'Look he's got his pole out in public'

My guess is that she is a slag but its funny all the same
i,ve had that, my reply" i,ve heard you like a big pole

I get sick and tired of women shouting "why are you a window cleaner and not a male model".

So sexist :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
When cleaning and someone behinds says 'you missed a bit!' I turn round and 'accidentally' spray them with water and say 'sorry where did I miss' in a real sorry sorry voice. They usually walk off

'It will rain now you've cleaned them'

No one thanks me when I'm cleaning windows and the sun comes out...

Used to clean around 40 shops in little town always heard theses

You're missed a bit - reply that's so they know I've been.

You can come and give me a good soap up sweetheart - reply oh can I know thanks lol

Cor wouldn't wanna do that in winter - reply Summer time is worse

Are you a windower cleaning - reply no no I'm just making them dirty not clean

To be honest I love the banter it's great

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

About a year or so ago, I had a worker, martin, who was a good grafter but dumb, so wouldn't of seen the irony in his quip to a fellow windie, but I thought was a good reply.

He was poling away when a trad windie carrying his ladder and bucket walking past shouted whilst shaking his head "I could never clean windows using that"

To which martin replied "That's because you don't have the brains mate" lol

Back