Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moving equipment to a new van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WCFSussex

Hi everyone. My first post here, been going 18 months and found this forum so helpful so far. 

I currently have a Facelift compact (delivery only) installed By WCW in an old van which I protected the floor of with Protectakote. I have a new van (transit custom) coming and need some advice. It comes with a plastic floor protector, do I still need to protectakote it (does anyone have a van with similar flooring that came with it?). Also, wondering if anyone knows anywhere in the South East who remove and reinstall van systems? Driving 2 vans to Cardiff isn’t ideal! (Ps I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it myself so that’s not an option ?)

TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. My first post here, been going 18 months and found this forum so helpful so far. 

I currently have a Facelift compact (delivery only) installed By WCW in an old van which I protected the floor of with Protectakote. I have a new van (transit custom) coming and need some advice. It comes with a plastic floor protector, do I still need to protectakote it (does anyone have a van with similar flooring that came with it?). Also, wondering if anyone knows anywhere in the South East who remove and reinstall van systems? Driving 2 vans to Cardiff isn’t ideal! (Ps I wouldn’t have a clue how to do it myself so that’s not an option ?)

TIA!
Hello, I personally because of my choices and preference don't use any additional floor paints available.

I have a newer van with a factory floor thats sealed around all the edges by myself using polyurethane and then I've reinstalled the aftermarket one piece flooring thats waterproof and affix to through that. 

I've never personally seen a van floor rust out due to water and I can't see why you'd paint a van floor then fix items on top of that or drag pressure washers and equipment over it etc.

Also I hate trying to kneel on a corrugated floor when trying to reach equipment etc.

My last van was a similar setup where I simply sealed and then added a floor and 3mm coin rubber floor onto it. 

TIA!
WCW have a number of installers around the country, perhaps give them a ring and see if they have someone close by? 

WCW have a number of installers around the country, perhaps give them a ring and see if they have someone close by? 
Thanks, I have asked but they are telling me Cardiff. Just seems a long way to go with 2 vans though. 

Hello, I personally because of my choices and preference don't use any additional floor paints available.

I have a newer van with a factory floor thats sealed around all the edges by myself using polyurethane and then I've reinstalled the aftermarket one piece flooring thats waterproof and affix to through that. 

I've never personally seen a van floor rust out due to water and I can't see why you'd paint a van floor then fix items on top of that or drag pressure washers and equipment over it etc.

Also I hate trying to kneel on a corrugated floor when trying to reach equipment etc.

My last van was a similar setup where I simply sealed and then added a floor and 3mm coin rubber floor onto it. 
That’s helpful thank you. I’ll look into sealing the plastic flooring instead of painting the van floor. 

Thanks, I have asked but they are telling me Cardiff. Just seems a long way to go with 2 vans though. 

That’s helpful thank you. I’ll look into sealing the plastic flooring instead of painting the van floor. 
If it's a full length factory moulded rubber mat there's no need to seal it. Providing it has ramped edges that come up the sides around 2 to 3 inches it will be fine. That's just my opinion 

If it's a full length factory moulded rubber mat there's no need to seal it. Providing it has ramped edges that come up the sides around 2 to 3 inches it will be fine. That's just my opinion 
Just need to seal around the holes put through it to bolt the system in it to prevent water getting between the liner and van floor ?

Forgot that, thanks @Pjj when you fit the tank frame and any ancillaries that are affixed to the floor seal any drilled holes with black polyurethane sealant. The same stuff car windscreens are bonded with. Available from toolstation Sticks like a turd to a blanket 

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience with Protectakote is that the formulation has changed, and it isn't as good as it was. Had I known this with my second van I wouldn't have used it tbh.

Latest Posts

Back