Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My system stops!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So you reckon it needs charging smurf? I don't understand because I've had the meter put on to it and it was near enough fully charged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7f20cb837cf1f1ee65527e019f07f7ab.jpg

The thing I don't get is its 12.1 so in the green still so I shouldn't really have a problem until it hits around 11.75

Sorry guys been out today just got back, a garage tested it when the van was running to see if it's giving enough charge and when the van was off I saw it for myself that the battery is fully charged up , I never charged my battery for 3 years and it was fine, this one is less than a month old, I do some long journeys to jobs as I don't just do window cleaning , the only different thing I have done to my system is put a new 6mm hosing on my reel which I can't see that causing the problem, the garage I bought the battery from (they did the test) said they can't work out what it could be [emoji107]

What did the reading say when you say it was fully charged Neil?

This is a quote from the Spring website: A split charging system can be of help in replacing some of the current (amps) you use during the working day. But it must be remembered that these are not going to put back all the current you use during the working day.

http://www.springltd.co/node/152

Dam so I have to charge it then [emoji107] I never charged the one I had before [emoji80]

Well you are working it alot more than you use to what with those big contracts you have just won and all./emoticons/wink.png

Saying that when he put the meter on the arrow went just over half way on it but the garage said it should be fine, how long do you reckon I should bench charge it as I have never done this before ? What type of charger do I need ? Thanks for all your help guys, once I get a charger I will let you know how I get on. I also find it weird that when I disconnected it from the hose feel and turned it on it was running fine straight from the DI so it making me think it's the 6mm hosing as I had the 8mm on before

Well you are working it alot more than you use to what with those big contracts you have just won and all./emoticons/wink.png
Lol that's another story smurf I took on too much I could handle [emoji107]

Not sure I agree with that chart.

I suppose 'generally' voltage can be used to measure amp hours....

Not sure there's a linear relationship although I know w=va. Maybe if your not drawing off the cells while charging them? There's different discharge rates, also the way they are tested and rated can vary.

Nice thread though!

I know from experience using that same controller that it will protect the battery from being fully discharged and give a battery warning when it needs to be recharged. Simple as that really.

If I get caught out on a large job I'm normally have an extension lead from the customer power socket so have been known to recharge the battery when I'm finished with the vac. I've also found out you can actually run the wfp whilst it's charging too so I always carry a charger in the van for that reason.

Latest Posts

Back