Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My windows are okay this month ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This I don't understand of anyone, better to have a customer that pays upfront than one your chasing for money

I have a few jobs that pay upfront from 4 cleans up to 12 
When I go to work I want to earn money. When the customer has paid well in advance I'm not earning anything from it, all I'm doing is working off the debt.

When I go to work I want to earn money. When the customer has paid well in advance I'm not earning anything from it, all I'm doing is working off the debt.
We're all working off debt ?  well most of us, 

I don't see it as an issue, I see it as good amount of faith and trust in me, these people aren't always in and they would rather know the job is paid for than be owing me money. it's 4 jobs out of over 400 so no big issue 

It's got nothing to do with affordability It's the fact I owe someone money and except a mortgage and a very brief loan I've never owed a fellow working person money.
It just goes to show you that we don't all think the same. I don't tell the lad that this customer has paid in advance, so that's how I don't have to listen to his 'moaning'.

Hi guys david here I’ve been noticing quite a few customers now saying to me my windows are okay this month there still very clean and looking nice can we leave it this month ummmm

im not daft it’s January everyone is skint we know or a few now saying Il have them done every 8 weeks which is okay out of 92 customers I have around 7 now are 8 weeks 

i don’t want any more 8 week customers I just want to stick to monthly customers to pay me mortgage bills ect 8 weeks is not going to make my work pay 

still getting customers through the door still and I know come March the work will go crazy with people coming out of hibernation and coming out of there caves but I want a good solid round what do u guys do in circumstances like this I’ve sacked a couple of bad payers off and not scared to do now I’m in control of my business just need help in theses little areas to tidy things up
I started 1 year ago. I realised back then that 1 monthly/4 weekly cleans are to soon for most. So I started up on 6 weekly cleans.  I've had 2 customers so far saying their windows are fine for now, and can they skip this clean. My reply has been ,yes that's fine this once. But 1 more skip ,we be an increase of 50% on their 6 weekly clean.  I wait to see on next clean.

My criteria will not alter  if the customer doesn’t stick to the agreed  cleaning schedule, bad payer etc they will be dumped , I could easily get rid of 90% of my work and still be more than ok . 
That a great position to be in, for sure!

It reminders me of the movie The Gambler with John Godman.. the phrase..Alway be in the position of **** you. ?

Would of posted a link to it but its rated language! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys david here I’ve been noticing quite a few customers now saying to me my windows are okay this month there still very clean and looking nice can we leave it this month ummmm

im not daft it’s January everyone is skint we know or a few now saying Il have them done every 8 weeks which is okay out of 92 customers I have around 7 now are 8 weeks 

i don’t want any more 8 week customers I just want to stick to monthly customers to pay me mortgage bills ect 8 weeks is not going to make my work pay 

still getting customers through the door still and I know come March the work will go crazy with people coming out of hibernation and coming out of there caves but I want a good solid round what do u guys do in circumstances like this I’ve sacked a couple of bad payers off and not scared to do now I’m in control of my business just need help in theses little areas to tidy things up
I usually give people two chances when they say they’re ok this month and after that I just dump them. Its something you’ll learn to through time . 
some customers dont understand that yes they’re clean this month but that’s because your window cleaner comes regularly to stop them getting really bad !

I had a customer who told me twice in a row not to bother as her husband had done them . I didn’t go back and then she phoned me a few weeks later to ask why I hadn’t been around . I explained that from my previous visits I’d got the impression that your husband was going to do them from now on . She apologised for the misunderstanding and ever since there hasn’t been a problem. 
usually though in these situations I take the hint and dump them. It doesn’t happen very often but as I say it’s a situation you’ll be able to read better with experience. 

I have said it before on here, these days people are used to using adhoc services particularly subscription services streaming, food, snacks, drinks and so on which they can start and stop as they please some will think the same of us and that it's not really a big issue,

We as small business owners see it very differently as it's a loss of earnings to us, both personally and financially we are taking a bit of a hit, we think on it and evaluate, we are very lucky to be choosy and dump customers to suit us as and when it suits, but we don't take it so well when we get messed about.

Latest Posts

Back