Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Myself and a load of my customers flooded!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah local lawn mower supplier where i get all our garden machinery from & repairs done escaped by a matter of feet, i rang them today and they are above water thankfully. When the building was put there the new regs stated it had to be raised by 6 feet. Other businesses around them in older buildings were submerged. Very lucky escape
Yeah, actually it's very tough on everyone affected, even those that are covered by insurance. It's hard to imagine the mess, smell and upheaval. And then putting it right, replacing furniture, kitchen equipment etc and Re-decorating. Then dreading every heavy rain forecast, and the more expensive insurance premiums and excess.

Not funny that's for sure.

Yeah, actually it's very tough on everyone affected, even those that are covered by insurance. It's hard to imagine the mess, smell and upheaval. And then putting it right, replacing furniture, kitchen equipment etc and Re-decorating. Then dreading every heavy rain forecast, and the more expensive insurance premiums and excess.

Not funny that's for sure.
I could be wrong but i heard that some people who’ve been flooded before can no longer get house insurance...if someone could enlighten me on this id be happy to know. There are new houses that have been built in the last 7/8 years in tremorfa and they are pretty much on the flood plains of the river rumney...i wouldn’t move there thats for sure but they are nice 4 bedroom detached houses ?‍♂️ 

I could be wrong but i heard that some people who’ve been flooded before can no longer get house insurance...if someone could enlighten me on this id be happy to know. There are new houses that have been built in the last 7/8 years in tremorfa and they are pretty much on the flood plains of the river rumney...i wouldn’t move there thats for sure but they are nice 4 bedroom detached houses ?‍♂️ 
I think you're right, or it would be so expensive very few could afford it, I'd be thinking.

Reminds me of this...

C5F15DD7-5F27-407B-8DE5-02D99B8EC0C7.png

Insurance have been and taken a load off my mind!

looks like they’ll do everything that’s needed. 

We are going to be Re homed for a few months they said 5-8 roughly 

2-3 months just to dry the property! 

I don’t like being in limbo and am not a fan of new things, people or places 

so going to have to adjust but feel great full for having insurance, I’m hearing stories 

of others in my community that had none and lost everything!
Must be devastating all round whether you have insurance or not, I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show on Monday and people phoned in and talked about their past flooding's only then did I get a true sense of the toll it can take on people, some people also said once the t.v cameras and media leave cowboy tradesmen come in and some had got stung, by giving deposits for work that never got done.  

Must be devastating all round whether you have insurance or not, I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show on Monday and people phoned in and talked about their past flooding's only then did I get a true sense of the toll it can take on people, some people also said once the t.v cameras and media leave cowboy tradesmen come in and some had got stung, by giving deposits for work that never got done.  
Ive decided I’m going to stick with the insurance appointed builders so if the works not up to scratch I can just press them and they will have to deal with it. It’s a total ball ache!

I could be wrong but i heard that some people who’ve been flooded before can no longer get house insurance...if someone could enlighten me on this id be happy to know.
I asked the wife. She used to work for Ageas. A lot of companies won't accept you. The question is has the property been flooded in the last ten years. Once you reach the ten year threshold again you're back to where you were.

Back