Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is my pump on its way out?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Phildeeney

Just fitted my van out and used my pump off my dogs*** xtrolley and a new spring charging controller, every now and then ps will come up on my controller and won't pump anything until I put it up to 99 and turn it off and on again. It also makes like a hissing sound when it is dead ending. Can anyone help?

Ps = pressure switch
I think that is on top of the pump, makes sense if it's hissing.
Putting it up to 99 would pressurise the pump and push out the air.
I'm no expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It's an xline pump I think it's aquatec.

Does it pump all the time its on even when you tap your tap off. I think Aquatec incorporate a by pass valve that 'blows off' at 100psi.

If your controller is a Spring Variant then you need to manually calibrate it to a lower cutoff setting so the pump switches off before the pump by pass opens. The hissing is probably the by pass in operation, I don't know 100% though.

Does it pump all the time its on even when you tap your tap off. I think Aquatec incorporate a by pass valve that 'blows off' at 100psi.

If your controller is a Spring Variant then you need to manually calibrate it to a lower cutoff setting so the pump switches off before the pump by pass opens. The hissing is probably the by pass in operation, I don't know 100% though.

When it's dead ending it does a few short bursts and then a long one, I have got my calibration set to 45 I find any lower and it won't start up properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back