Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nice move , changed all my traditional to wfp 6 months ago and went very smooth and lost no jobs too, you'll be using loads of water first time you clean them as you will need to wash frames , this is a MUST, you'll soon be thinking why have you taken so long to change , then you'll be like , wish I got a trolley the next step is ow god I need a van with reach and wash gear , good luck /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks all for the replies. Spoke to my water supplier who told me the water they make for cleaning jet engines is tested and purer than anything I will ever make or buy so I going to take his word for it.

I'm set on staying trad as much as possible so I don't have to hassle him too often with empty barrels all the time and I'm happy for the round to stay about the size it is as I've got a few other commitments although I can see how it could easily become a monster.

Out off my own interest I've looked into aero engine cleaning and yes they use pure water but not sure if it's run through resin, they will dry a total mess if you don't check the tds

Let us know how you get on with your backpack danfire. I am looking for one myself. There doesnt seem to be too many on the market, though the gardiners backpack looks good. I would rather spend a bit more and get a good one that is reliable. A mate of mine runs a water purification company and is looking into getting some kind of pure water machine for me. Not sure if that will work out or if it will be worth it.

That's got me concerned Puraclenz, I will try on my own windows first and see how they dry. If it's no good there is a company in Portsmouth that advertise for WFP operators to fill up at their facility. They charge £3 plus vat per 100 litres which seems reasonable given the cost of everything needed to make the stuff. Would imagine it's pretty convenient to be able to drive in and fill up straight from a large tank.

Back