Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New battery needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

I’m needing a new battery. Currently using a 114Ah battery. I’m looking something that’s going to run 2 pumps and 2 electric reels all day without fail! It won’t be on a split charge either

A friend of mine bought me a 105ah Numax battery recently to replace my 130ah 'superbatt' (basically a cheap one off ebay that lasted less than 2 years)

I use two electric reels and pumps and the difference with this new battery is surprising. Even when new, with the old battery when one of us was reeling in, the pumps would really slow down so you couldn't rinse while someone was winding in.
Now with this new battery, it has enough ooomph that it doesn't make a difference.
Interestingly, the old one was supposedly 130ah, yet it weighs quite a bit less than this 105ah one..
I bench charge it every time I use it to keep it in good condition, but I don't think I ever use more than half its capacity so it should last a long time.
It was bought from a shop but this looks like the same one. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• Numax-XDC31MF-Leisure-Battery.jpg
    Numax-XDC31MF-Leisure-Battery.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
A friend of mine bought me a 105ah Numax battery recently to replace my 130ah 'superbatt' (basically a cheap one off ebay that lasted less than 2 years)

I use two electric reels and pumps and the difference with this new battery is surprising. Even when new, with the old battery when one of us was reeling in, the pumps would really slow down so you couldn't rinse while someone was winding in.
Now with this new battery, it has enough ooomph that it doesn't make a difference.
Interestingly, the old one was supposedly 130ah, yet it weighs quite a bit less than this 105ah one..
I bench charge it every time I use it to keep it in good condition, but I don't think I ever use more than half its capacity so it should last a long time.
Thanks mate , we seem to do a lot of reeling in and out which just be hard on the batteries. Especially with it going through roller guides . How long would your working day roughly be ?

I’m needing a new battery. Currently using a 114Ah battery. I’m looking something that’s going to run 2 pumps and 2 electric reels all day without fail! It won’t be on a split charge either
I found one battery wasn’t enough to run what you want to do ,we had one battery per pump ,controller and reel found this worked well we used 115 amp batteries back then .

I found one battery wasn’t enough to run what you want to do ,we had one battery per pump ,controller and reel found this worked well we used 115 amp batteries back then .
I went and got 145 ah from euro car parts today. Hopefully I will manage with using the old one first and then put it on the new 1

If that doesn’t work I’ll end up with another battery I guess!

Been using the same for approx 2 years two electric reels and pumps No split relay I do charge every night though works great

Back