Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New pole! But which one??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

u would need a 40ft super max to reach the very top one my advice would be get a 47ft super max then ur coverd for any extra high work u pick up p.s dont get a xline pole there heavy and shorter than they make them out to be and they dont last 

I'm inclined to agree.

If @bins2010 has to go out and buy a a new pole, then the job won't be worth quoting on as has been pointed out. I would suggest he quote excluding the windows in the roof line as I would imagine the outside can be cleaned from the inside by the tenants.
I would agree with Spruce as unless you can get the extra work it may not be worth it depends on how much use it would get and how well priced the above  job is I bought a S-Max 40 years ago the bottom sections were hardly ever used then I sold them at a loss. 

If the job is worth £100's per clean then it would make sense but financially it has to stack up. 

Some of these comments

Buy the equipment you need for the proper job or don't bother wasting everyone's time.

I understand people are starting up but the comments of don't buy it it's not worth it.
That's his choice and he can come and do all the work your poles can't reach.

Simple answer is if you have 27 buy a 45ft then you will never have to worry about it again for houses most commercial.

Yes it won't be used everyday but you will have the equipment you need for quoting.

And more importantly won't be turning down work or bodging it

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Like many has said here.... SLX47 would be the man for the job....bought mine a few years back and every now and then I buy another SLX25 or 18  over the years I have now got a good Gardiners Grave-yard of poles in the shed and when poles do wear I cut them down and make mini poles for certain work I have... But you cannot go wrong with a SLX-47 to start, it will cover you for most work and will also be a great addition to your armoury to be able to do solar panels too.

Last edited by a moderator:
just rember your poles you buy come off your tax bill at the end of the year so  its not wasted any way realy ! i have to size poles a super max 47 and a 22 ft pole for domistic  , when i started wfp i just jumped in head first and ordered a clx27 and a super max 47 with a pure freedom trolley system with 10 drums i only had 3 jobs were i needed 40ft + and one of them was  allmost 47ft the rest was low level , adding section ect is a pain in the ars 2 pol;es is all u need imo :1f44d:

Back