Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New To Window Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Crsmck

I'm new to window cleaning, been going about a month and initially bought a startup kit and have been using the 10" squeegee that came with the kit. I was out helping my mate with a big job and he gave me a shot of his brass 8" squeegee and I found it really nice to use on residential windows. So I ordered myself a pulex brass handle with 8" channel and clips. I've never had any experience with pulex equipment, what do you guys think and do you have and tips that can help me progress as a professional window cleaner.

I know this is probably a pain in the ass topic to be going on about, but I'm keen to learn as much as I can.

Sorry again for prattling on.

hey dont be sorry mate, we have all been in your situation, are you looking at stopping on the trad route or you willing to go water fedpole route??

Never really used pulex before just mainly unger but must admit I have 12 inch squeegee & 10 inch & prefer using the 10. Pulex is a good make so you should be ok with it.

I defo prefer trad if I'm honest, in all fairness though I've never tried wfp. So far I'm really enjoying learning the ropes and soaking up as much info as I can.

Never really used pulex before just mainly unger but must admit I have 12 inch squeegee & 10 inch & prefer using the 10. Pulex is a good make so you should be ok with it.
Thanks for the reply, I was looking on the Internet and pulex rubber seemed to get a good write up so I opted for their brand brass squeegee.

I genuinely under estimated the skill involved in window cleaning, but I do love the daily challenge.

if you go wfp a good investment is a backpack setup. all my work is used with just a backpack. trad gear i use is wagtail.

if you go wfp a good investment is a backpack setup. all my work is used with just a backpack. trad gear i use is wagtail.
I've not yet had a shot of a wagtail I don't really want to shell out for one incase I don't like it lol.

get them on ebay for under a tenner mate. i paid 4 quid for mine 3 yrs ago lol. i can use it on a pole but took lots of practise. this is what i used when i first started out window cleaning.

I couldn't get on with pulex rubber. Found I went through it to quick. I use unger soft now BUT pulex is fine & know a few on here use it. We all use different and it's each owns preference.

I have only used unger I have never tried pulex before but I am sure they will be fine they have been around for years

get them on ebay for under a tenner mate. i paid 4 quid for mine 3 yrs ago lol. i can use it on a pole but took lots of practise. this is what i used when i first started out window cleaning.
Thanks mate I'll have a look on eBay. The pulex squeegee should arive on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to give it a try.

Up until now I've only been using unger rubber it's soft and only has 2stars on the rubber if that means anything. The squeegee I had a shot of was a brass unger one. I'm hoping the pulex is as nice to use.

To be honest the wagtail takes a lot of getting use to. I've trying now for 4 weeks & still ain't got it. Worth getting one but learn the basics first. Just my opionion

Thanks. I'm not as confident with pole work as of yet. I feel I never seem to get the finish I would like

How long have you been window cleaning? I never realised there was as much to it. I think I'm getting to obsessed with it haha

4 years now. Some on here have been going for years & there's some great & helpful people on here. Going on YouTube & putting in window cleaning is helpful. It's a great life in the summer. Hard in the winter.

I'm enjoying it so far, I've only been really out there working for about a month spent a couple of month getting equipment and practising and reading info and watching clips on window cleaning. I've done a few jobs that have had me sweating though, direct sunlight is not my friend and that's the now not in the height of summer so I'm freaking out a little about that. I've spent most the night reading through some if the topics before I signed up. Seem to be a lot of decent folk on here.

Back