Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New To Window Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No probs fella. I love the look of the brass stuff but I got hooked on unger because it has never let me down and the plastic handles aren't too cold in winter /emoticons/tongue.png

If you decide to have a look at getting into WFP give me a shout and I'll do another list /emoticons/smile.png

I've used all types of channel rubbers, I think as long as you buy reasonable quality you should be alright. I now only use Unger and Pulex, mainly on price. Buy off the internet, 36 or 42 inch is always good value.
I've been using unger rubber the since I started down the path of window cleaning. Simply because they sold it at homebase and the rubber I got with the start up kit was rubbish (and thats coming from someone that had very limited knowledge of window cleaning) I think maybe my skills were the weak link on that chain lol.

No probs fella. I love the look of the brass stuff but I got hooked on unger because it has never let me down and the plastic handles aren't too cold in winter /emoticons/tongue.png
If you decide to have a look at getting into WFP give me a shout and I'll do another list /emoticons/smile.png
I'm looking forward to giving this new squeegee a bash specially now I'm making good progress with my squeegee work.

Thanks again for the advice. And also I'll definitely ask for advice if I venture into the wfp territory.

The pulex has arrived, assembled not yet tested. Seems to be no a bad quality at all. Proof of the pudding though will be in the working surely

I always use a bit of vinegar myself and tested on some shop windows I do that get great sunlight in the morning. Shine is way better I think, no ya don't need it but I like it in there and in the amounts I use it won't rot anything. I've mentioned this before as well and again I'm not saying ya need it but when I do interiors customers nearly always comment that the place smells better when I'm done. Vinegars a natural deodorizer and yes I've been knocked for that but each to their own.

I always use a bit of vinegar myself and tested on some shop windows I do that get great sunlight in the morning. Shine is way better I think, no ya don't need it but I like it in there and in the amounts I use it won't rot anything. I've mentioned this before as well and again I'm not saying ya need it but when I do interiors customers nearly always comment that the place smells better when I'm done. Vinegars a natural deodorizer and yes I've been knocked for that but each to their own.
I've never tried it mate, is it just ordinary splash on your chips vinegar. Think I'll give it a go

Back