Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new toys extreme 18 pf reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just watched a vid on someone installing a new PF twin stack and they have not only changed the controllers to 4 speed (probably same top speed?) butthey have changed the hose swivel connectors to the budget brass hozeloc ones!!!
OK so the original ones are huge but they are well built, I used to go through the brass Hozeloc ones every few months as they started to leak!

They don't seem to have changed the images on their website as they still show the big swivels!

@tench0771 if you have the hozeloc style swivel and have space it might be worth questioning PF as the image on the website shows a decent swivel not the naff hozeloc one!

The original high pressure brass elbow is what I have on my PF reelmaster and it's excellent.never had a problem in 7 years of use with very hot water....I would not be happy with the cheapo brass fitting in the pic if that's what they've replaced it with?esp as these reels are a lot more expensive than when I bought mine....sounds like a cost cutting measure!

My reel cost me Β£650 7 years ago with the extra discs on the side for hot water,what are they now?best part of a grand?πŸ™„

The original high pressure brass elbow is what I have on my PF reelmaster and it's excellent.never had a problem in 7 years of use with very hot water....I would not be happy with the cheapo brass fitting in the pic if that's what they've replaced it with?esp as these reels are a lot more expensive than when I bought mine....sounds like a cost cutting measure!

My reel cost me Β£650 7 years ago with the extra discs on the side for hot water,what are they now?best part of a grand?πŸ™„
The one in the photos looks very much like a Β£7.49 Chineseium ebay special

Just watched a vid on someone installing a new PF twin stack and they have not only changed the controllers to 4 speed (probably same top speed?) butthey have changed the hose swivel connectors to the budget brass hozeloc ones!!!
OK so the original ones are huge but they are well built, I used to go through the brass Hozeloc ones every few months as they started to leak!

They don't seem to have changed the images on their website as they still show the big swivels!

@tench0771 if you have the hozeloc style swivel and have space it might be worth questioning PF as the image on the website shows a decent swivel not the naff hozeloc one!
I bought one as well last week and it came with the cheap hozelock fitting. I rang PF and they said it was a supply issue. They are waiting for a new rotary joint to arrive in stock and are going to send me one out. They should really say this somewhere so people are not disappointed but they were very helpful on the phone. They have moved away from the big brass Chinese one and have sourced an alternative from the UK.
I’d advise anyone that has been supplied a cheap hozelock fitting to call them and make sure they are on the list to be sent a new rotary joint when they arrive.

Latest Posts

Back