Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New window cleaner basing business off bashing wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I,ll swing both ways :thumbsup:

I'm not looking forward to my first frosty spell of weather . I've been lucky since I started wfp it's been mild . Don't want to leave damp patches , then turning to ice at night , might just trad more when that frosty weather turns up

I,ll swing both ways :thumbsup:
I'm not looking forward to my first frosty spell of weather . I've been lucky since I started wfp it's been mild . Don't want to leave damp patches , then turning to ice at night , might just trad more when that frosty weather turns up
thats wat ill do m8 i use car screen wash neet on the mop aplyed buy a washing up bottol stops the glass frm freezing

thats it^^^ my m8 luvs trad he has a trolley an luvs that to but he only uses it for the hard to reack stuff
That's why I started with wfp tench m8 . after you use it , you try it on a few more windows , then before you know it you're using it more than ladders , then you try bottom windows , then again you find yourself blading less and less .........

Ha ha. Only because I don't think once you've usd a wfp you will want a van mount. I've used it for 2 years & have never even thought of getting one. I'm more worried I gave the daddy a dislike to (smurf). I just love trad.
I couldn't do it anyway. I wouldnt want to ruin my nice van, but most importantly a huge tank in the back would severely hamper the other work I use it for since I wouldn't have space for all the tools I need. A trolley suits my needs very well.

Like my trad. Always have. Will stay with it until my legs tell me to stop climbing my ladder.On the original post I've also read many wfp people (not on here) doing just what that blokes doing.

Things like no more adders digging in yer grass. Ladders scraping your PVC ect so although over the top a bit he's just doing what he can to promote his business. Ignore it & just get on. If you do a goo job they will stick with you.

Waiting for you all to slate me now :devil::cry::addict::iaminnocent:
The thing is, and not trying to start an argument, but a lot of what people say about ladders is true, they will dig in grass etc, pretty much all of what he says is complete lies.

Have no problem with people using pros and cons of a method to promote your method as long as they are factual, but when what is said is utter ******** it riles me up /emoticons/smile.png

Most that invest in wfp be it a backpack or trolley end up with a van mount because of the huge increase in earnings potential this method brings.
Is the increase that huge?

It really doesn't take long to grab the back pack out the pick up and carry it round the back/front, no longer than pulling a hose off a real and making sure it doesn't get snagged on everything in sight, of coarse filling it up takes time but I reckon it might be 30mins a day maybe filling the backpack up? not entirely sure they would equate to a huge increase in earnings?

Though I have not used a van mount I can't see how you could make that much more with it unless I am missing something drastic.

the van mount excells on big propatys ive got some jobs were i use 100l when i had my purefreedom trollie i found it a ball ake running bk the the van for a nother drum thr air locks used to get up my goat to as if ur not watching ur drum it can run dry i also found my self rushing jobs to so i can do it on 1 drum i put up with it for a long time nackerd every day running aroung like a headless chickern with 50l of water when i got my van mount i was like whoaaaa this is mch easer. but we all like different ways of wrking an r rounds r all different so each to there own,ive got a back pack for the odd job in fact i think its beta than a rtollie as its more virsatile juet my view tho:)

Yeah I can see on big property's it being a pain for sure, I'll find out for myself I guess as I will have a van mount at some point /emoticons/smile.png

i do luv the bk pk for small town houses tho its so fst an u dont have the hassel of tangled hose every were an u dont need safty cones as there is no trailing hoses one thing i hate about van mount is when the hose goes throu car or dog:turd: nuffing worse:eek:

Hi Diwrnach,

Let him have his say the noob, I always belive that the majority of people know that if someone slags off other peoples work/techniques in such an over the top way, it does nothing but reek of unprofessional desperation.

Are you based in Swindon Wiltshire Diwrnach?

Hi Diwrnach,
Let him have his say the noob, I always belive that the majority of people know that if someone slags off other peoples work/techniques in such an over the top way, it does nothing but reek of unprofessional desperation.

Are you based in Swindon Wiltshire Diwrnach?
No I am based in the Cotswolds, this chap has just moved here from Swindon.

Out of interest, I wonder how many WFP units verses Trad units are working in your area. Of course some could be people doing it on the side cash in hand sort of basis.

In my area there are 2 trad guys and 4 WFP (myself included). We all get on and there are never any fall outs. We never slag each other off to customers etc.

So working on this basis, the public will see more of us working WFP and therefore maybe consider this to be the method to go for when choosing a window cleaner, although in truth I think they ring us and we just turn up and do what we do.

I'm stop talking now...........

Tbh I think we are giving the customer a lot more credit then they deserve. Most don't have a clue or even care which method is used, so long as it works. The only time I hear someone specify that they wanted trad, is because a WFPer messed up before by leaving spots, ignoring bird **** etc. And likewise, I can imagine people only actively seeking a WFPer when some tradder trampled their geraniums, or the previous tradder was unable to reach an awkward window.

Just sent the bloke my thoughts on the matter , knocking others lively hoods to better your own is not on

To be fair to the guy, his website since I had a chat with him seems to have been cleared of most of the anti WFP bull.

To be fair to the guy, his website since I had a chat with him seems to have been cleared of most of the anti WFP bull.
I wish you had said that earlier mate- only last night I went round his house and left a bladeless squeegee handle in his bed covered in ecover... as a 'warning'.

Latest Posts

Back