Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie - WFP 101 questions. Help please.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Newlwb

Morning all,

I have come here as this is the holy grail of experience and knowledge as well as varied opinions.

I enjoy trad cleaning, and something I’m thinking of starting but realised wfp might be required for some.

My questions are.

Any recommendations for a decent wfp that can connect to a garden tap.

Silly question - if using a garden tap what filter would you recommend so I can pure water rinse after?

I’m bootlegging this so ideally, the more cost effective would be helpful, but like anything you get what you pay for.

Last question - if there was something you could tell yourself when you first started what would it be.

Thanks all, I’m ex military so feel free to call
Me all the names under the sun 🤘🏽👍🏽😁

Neal

@Newlwb Hi Neal. If you've been traditional cleaning at least you know the ins and outs of the work itself.

I did traditional only when I started and then moved onto using a wfp for upstairs windows. Now I use wfp most of the time but easy bungalows etc I still just squeegee them

For the wfp water, it's usually heavily filtered through either a reverse osmosis system (if you live in a hard water area), or if you are in a soft water area you will just need a de-ionising vessel with some resin in it.

I would highly recommend looking up "Squeaky Clean Dave" and a guy called Rob at "Crystal Clean Windows" on YouTube. In my opinion they are the best two window cleaning YouTube channels by a mile. Window Cleaning Warehouse also have a good channel with set up instructions for equipment etc.

For a pole and brush what suits one person won't suit another, but as a rule of thumb you won't go too far wrong with a 18 or 22 foot pole (Gardiner and Window Cleaning Warehouse are probably the most popular) and a medium-soft brush.

There is stacks of information on this forum and loads of very helpful members too.

Good luck with everything mate 👍

@Newlwb Hi Neal. If you've been traditional cleaning at least you know the ins and outs of the work itself.

I did traditional only when I started and then moved onto using a wfp for upstairs windows. Now I use wfp most of the time but easy bungalows etc I still just squeegee them

For the wfp water, it's usually heavily filtered through either a reverse osmosis system (if you live in a hard water area), or if you are in a soft water area you will just need a de-ionising vessel with some resin in it.

I would highly recommend looking up "Squeaky Clean Dave" and a guy called Rob at "Crystal Clean Windows" on YouTube. In my opinion they are the best two window cleaning YouTube channels by a mile. Window Cleaning Warehouse also have a good channel with set up instructions for equipment etc.

For a pole and brush what suits one person won't suit another, but as a rule of thumb you won't go too far wrong with a 18 or 22 foot pole (Gardiner and Window Cleaning Warehouse are probably the most popular) and a medium-soft brush.

There is stacks of information on this forum and loads of very helpful members too.

Good luck with everything mate 👍
Scrubsy, thank you so much, I realised after posting most of the questions were on other threads and YouTube, and couldn’t delete it.

Thank you for great direction, and kind words.

Yeah I have been looking at various channels and found some really useful I think there is a Scottish fell Trad man that I was watching and another called A.E Mackintosh.

Looking forward to learning more and learning from you bunch of legends.

🤘🏽

Here in the UK we tend to process water at home and transport it to the jobs so we are not using the customers taps.
To know what equipment you need to process water you need to know your TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) of your tap - buy a decent tds meter from a reputable source like Daqua.
Maybe start with a Gardiners back pack (do not wear it on your back!) and a clx pole.

@Newlwb you'll be fine mate. When I started I read lots on Facebook groups and forums but found YouTube best for actually looking at equipment and tools and systems etc. Even how to squeegee and water fed pole a window. Sounds silly but it was very reassuring to watch people who'd done the job for along time. Yes you are right Trad Man the Scottish window cleaner on there is great.

The hardest bit is building a reasonable customer base, but if you keep plugging away you'll get there.

Morning all,

I have come here as this is the holy grail of experience and knowledge as well as varied opinions.

I enjoy trad cleaning, and something I’m thinking of starting but realised wfp might be required for some.

My questions are.

Any recommendations for a decent wfp that can connect to a garden tap.

Silly question - if using a garden tap what filter would you recommend so I can pure water rinse after?

I’m bootlegging this so ideally, the more cost effective would be helpful, but like anything you get what you pay for.

Last question - if there was something you could tell yourself when you first started what would it be.

Thanks all, I’m ex military so feel free to call
Me all the names under the sun 🤘🏽👍🏽😁

Neal
Try using the search bar at the top right hand corner of the page
There's more than 101 answers with everything you'll need to get started

What regiment where you in?

Here in the UK we tend to process water at home and transport it to the jobs so we are not using the customers taps.
To know what equipment you need to process water you need to know your TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) of your tap - buy a decent tds meter from a reputable source like Daqua.
Maybe start with a Gardiners back pack (do not wear it on your back!) and a clx pole.
Morning Ched999uk, that’s super helpful thank you, I have been reading about Gardiner and is it big bad boy backpacks ?

Thanks again I shall do some more reading.

Thank you guys

Try using the search bar at the top right hand corner of the page
There's more than 101 answers with everything you'll need to get started

What regiment were you in?
@AW Services, Morning, I did the completely newbie thing and was super lazy, but once I posted I found 100’s of great threads but by then it was too late to delete the post but everyone has been amazing and YouTube is brilliant too.

I was a RAF water fairy aka volleyball player aka fancy dress wearer aka rocket jockey catcher or on my cv Firefighter 😂😂

@Newlwb you'll be fine mate. When I started I read lots on Facebook groups and forums but found YouTube best for actually looking at equipment and tools and systems etc. Even how to squeegee and water fed pole a window. Sounds silly but it was very reassuring to watch people who'd done the job for along time. Yes you are right Trad Man the Scottish window cleaner on there is great.

The hardest bit is building a reasonable customer base, but if you keep plugging away you'll get there.
Cheers Scrubsy, it’s the old Bruce Lee saying 10,000 hours of good practice to get better.

I love it, it’s therapeutic and purposeful and super rewarding especially cleaning post construction houses on new build sites where they are bloody covered in all sorts 😁😁

Cheers Scrubsy, it’s the old Bruce Lee saying 10,000 hours of good practice to get better.

I love it, it’s therapeutic and purposeful and super rewarding especially cleaning post construction houses on new build sites where they are bloody covered in all sorts 😁😁
@Newlwb no worries. Yes I also find it quite satisfying when you finish and everything looks nice and clean. As you say just keep practicing and you'll be flying along in no time.

Back