Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie (yes another one)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

stotty10

Hi,

I at the very start of starting my own business. I know this is mainly a window cleaning forum but I will be doing jet washing and gutters. I currently working 4 nights a week and take home £450 a week. I am planning on keeping this job (as its regular income) and use my business to hopefully push my total take home to around £1000 per week. If I am successful I would slower reduced my current job to 3 days if I can earn more cleaning. I have a budget of £20k to buy a van and all the items I will need. I'm looking at getting a van mounted machine that's hot and cold and a gutter vac.
Due to already having a job I feel that the pressure will be off me somewhat in regards to getting customers so slow and steady will be the key. Ive been looking at Rutland pumps etc and doing as much research as I can with regards to advertising etc.
How difficult have people found it to start with? What's the likelyhood of getting 2-3 £300+ jobs per week?

Hi,

I at the very start of starting my own business. I know this is mainly a window cleaning forum but I will be doing jet washing and gutters. I currently working 4 nights a week and take home £450 a week. I am planning on keeping this job (as its regular income) and use my business to hopefully push my total take home to around £1000 per week. If I am successful I would slower reduced my current job to 3 days if I can earn more cleaning. I have a budget of £20k to buy a van and all the items I will need. I'm looking at getting a van mounted machine that's hot and cold and a gutter vac.
Due to already having a job I feel that the pressure will be off me somewhat in regards to getting customers so slow and steady will be the key. Ive been looking at Rutland pumps etc and doing as much research as I can with regards to advertising etc.
How difficult have people found it to start with? What's the likelyhood of getting 2-3 £300+ jobs per week?
It's not too hard to get work if you need it as you'll do what you need to do to get it. If you don't need it it will be harder as you don't need to get it.

Have you thought about doing windows as well? To me it seems nonsensical not to as I don't personally see too many firms out there offering solely jet washing and/or gutters, although they definitely exist. I would say that they're the exception, not the rule.

Window cleaning customers are regular, reliable and easy to upsell other services to such as jetwashing and gutter clearing while providing you with a stable income. If I were in your shoes I would personally start with window cleaning as it is much cheaper to get into, build up £450 worth of work a week (that's doable in two days quite easily), then quit your job - you'll also then have the ability to do gutters and jetwashing with the rest of your time and will already have a reputation in your area as an exterior cleaner

Just food for thought!

I started 4 years ago and like you I wanted to get into everything. Saved up and bought the 2 grand PW and many lances and even had it fixed in my van. As my window cleaning customers increased I decided to bite the bullet and buy a van system. I must have about 100 customers and takes me 2 weeks to do them every month. Now I don't care for PW because there is easier money out there but its handy having it. Today I made over 300 clearing 6 houses gutters with the Industrial SkyVac and even used the customers power supply. Best thing is to buy a large van, get it sign written, advertise and slowly pick up customers. Don't try and rush things and it will just all come together if you don't have any money worries, good luck.

Hi,

If you need any information do pop me a message (y)

Latest Posts

Back