Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

devonsurfer

Hi my mate has a very good industrial cleaning guy round,doing everything from residential to business, he works alone and works nearly 70 hours a week 7 days a week on his own. He has asked me to join him and work for him and eventually expanding by getting another van and doing separate areas but still together. I currently work for the NHS and am fed up of being short staffed blah blah etc. he’s offered me the chance of doing a shift and if i like it then the jobs mine obviously we need to talk money hours etc. I’m not afraid of hard work being ex forces and working in different jobs indoor and out. Just need some advice please

Depends on the deal, if it's not a lot better then you're currently on then, in my opinion, it's a no go. You won't get the levels of pension, sick pay etc you're currently on so if the numbers aren't better then for me not an option.
If he gives you share incentives, target bonuses etc then it's a different ball game.

It's a great job in my opinion, I've been doing it for a few years now and still really thoroughly enjoy the job but I would always advise starting up on your own. You have sweet benefits working for the NHS that you just will not get working for another window cleaner. You'll only ever get paid what he can afford to pay you and there will be no progression outside of starting up for yourself. I worked for another window cleaner for two years prior to starting for myself and I loved it, it was great to learn the trade and how to take on customers etc but ultimately I wanted more in the way of money, appreciation because it was always going to be a dead end job, albeit an enjoyable one.

do a day or 2 working to see how you pick it up . may look easy but you have to be a good cleaner otherwise you will loose customers
gradually work into it.

in the last 6 months i have sold over £600 of my work. but i also recoup some of that work due to New Build Estates where i am .
So you can always buy some work to add on . Experience Will come gradually

i believe its the person who the customers keep. be freindly and get in conversation with them . there is a lot of trust on there side to keep you you are around there property alone while its empty.

Most have CCTV now so no Pishing in there gardens haha or worse

If you like it it will be so beneficial to you. £30/£40/£50 per hour when competent. Best paid job in Town. Its a good job most people donk know this

Who is Producing the Water

Back