Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newer Van Options

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Its all in a laptop now. The first thing they do is plug in the laptop and charge you for the pleasure because manufacturers charge them for the software. Manufacturers have got to make money continually so it must come from service and breakdowns.

They won't be making much from new cars now.
When you say they wont be making much from new cars now, do you mean the changeover to electric vehicles? Hopefully we, the paying punter wont be able to be ripped off so much with electric but I know little about vehicles. If i could have a slave to ride it I'd be up for a rickshaw set up. With 350 litre tank should be ok?  Turban man emogi gone. cant use.

So i tell the sign writters i dont want plain wording on my new van i want a snazzy wrap and they spend 4 days designing me this!!

Pretty much identical to my old van ?

Sent them an email explaining what i want and sent them a pic of a van i really like as a guide, lets see what they come up with.

Screenshot_20200805-212548_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-212553_Drive.jpg

20200805_161417.jpg

They've all got dramas in one form or another. Some worse than others. A good van today could change to a bad van tomorrow. Some of those changes can be due to external forces such as emissions regulations or an internal change of direction.

When Ford introduced the Transit Connect in 2003 it was soon voted van of the year. But very soon it became evident that the Tddi engine they used was very dated (the Tdci only became an option later in the T230) and they didn't have much rust protection. In our part of the world we really see a 53/04/54 plate Transit Connect where their are still dozens of 02/52/03/53/04 plate Berlingo/Partner vans because they were galvanized dipped where Connects weren't.
Ive got one of those 04 connects spruce. Doing well, but only 100k on clock fully serviced ex bt job. ( well, I trust the bloke ive serviced it with but cant guarantee the previous) I did get some welding done last year, but hope should keep it going a bit.

I used to own a Suzuki Carry van 1.3. After a while driving the engine management light would come on.

So I took out down to the agents who put it onto the computer and identified a faulty camshaft timing sensor. They had to order the sensor. Putting it on the computer took them 5 minutes and my bill was £65 + vat. 

They dually ordered the sensor and I booked it in for replacement. As agreed with them I waited there as the dealership was 12 miles away. I waited in the waiting room for an hour and a half. I sat in the mot waiting room where I had full view of my van in the workshop. Over an hour and a quarter went past before a mechanic started work on my van. He was finished in 10 minutes.

I got a bill of £40 for the sensor, £80 for fitting and another £65 to clear the fault code. I never saw the laptop taken to the van after the sensor has been replaced.

The engine management light never came on again so they identified the fault correctly.

In the process I identified them as a bunch of bandits and the van never went back to them again.
I had a recurring engine management light come on at approximately 3 week intervals (after resetting) in my old Touran my local garage independant could never find the fault and I was reluctant take it to the VW stealership

I always timed every service with the mot to avoid excessive time off the road and the garage simply reset the code when serviced and sure enough 3 weeks later it reappeared and it was ignored, never gave me a problem and was a great motor until an elderly farmer in his Range Rover ran into the back of it fortunately the wife was driving it at the time ( only joking).?

So i tell the sign writters i dont want plain wording on my new van i want a snazzy wrap and they spend 4 days designing me this!!

Pretty much identical to my old van ?

Sent them an email explaining what i want and sent them a pic of a van i really like as a guide, lets see what they come up with.

View attachment 21551

View attachment 21552

View attachment 21553
I find someone else if that's the best they can do, also looks like a long list of services which I can't read all writing needs to be as big and bold as possible so people can read it from a reasonable distance, 

the writing on mine is big and clear but it didn't stop an old bloke coming out of his house yesterday whilst I was sat in my van asking for a quote for a new door as all he read on the van was windows and doors and totally missed the big logo with window cleaning  ?

This can be corrected by removing the sensor, cleaning the threads up and lubricating it with an anti seize compound. But this senor had 2 wires connecting it up.
My engine pressure sensor came on and the mechanic bought one for £50 and fitted it for £60 so I got a good deal. Talking to a mate about it and he said his brother also a mechanic told him to remove it and blow through it and refit it. It happened again when a hose came loose and I did the blow trick and its been fine since and that was 5yrs ago. ?

Ive got one of those 04 connects spruce. Doing well, but only 100k on clock fully serviced ex bt job. ( well, I trust the bloke ive serviced it with but cant guarantee the previous) I did get some welding done last year, but hope should keep it going a bit.
I spoke too soon. noticed oil where I park and shone torch under and can see oil under the drivers side, going on the wheel and around whatever those bits nearby are. only just got oil change and service last week. Hope not too expensive. Cans instead of pub this wkend ☹️

Back