Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trying new rubber

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark2788

I've seen a few bits and pieces about razr red facelift rubber and seems good, how good is it and what's it like in the liquidator

I've seen a few bits and pieces about razr red facelift rubber and seems good, how good is it and what's it like in the liquidator
I've got some razrblade red rubber. It's ok but I still like Unger hard the best.

Tried many different rubber, razr red is the best imo on second place come ettore soft. Dont have liquidator though

ettore soft unger soft is my prefrence i dident rate the razer blade 1st batch was good in summer 2nd batch in winter were bad they were leaving lines some i chucked away in a morning of use cos of the lines ,ill try the unger hard next i think or the pulex hard

iv been using Moerman soft the last few years and really rate it. theres me and my 3 lads we are really caning the old moerman. if you employ you need a rubber that is "a man for all seasons" by that i mean a budgetty rubber that anyone can use at anytime of year . i trialled a few makes before settling on moer soft .

worst i ever used was Unger soft, so many lines on the leading edge i wonder if theres a disgruntled employee at Unger who gets a thrill out of ruining the rubber stock and seeing sales plummet makes him/her smile! mr.unger if you happen to read this it may pay you to set up cctv in the rubber plant, itll be the most unlikely suspect [iv watched no end of forensic detectives on tv and usually someone close to home does the dirty]

Whereas i have never once put a moerman rubber in and found its got a nick in it [ which happened loads of times with other makes used prior to my moer changeover ]

Last edited:
Moerman should be good as they have been making their own rubber for over 130 years for floor squeegees..would be worrying if they couldn't make a decent bit of rubber by now

i liked the mormons in winter but not in hot wether i found they drag a but also u cant flip them not shore what thats all about !! i thault the lewi rubbers were good ide say they were beta than the mormons

I've always used unger soft and usually really good but in liquidator I seem to always get arched lines even when i've tried all different techniques so thought I'd try something different

That's because the unger is too short from front to back..doesn't stick out the liquidator channel far enough to work properly with the end clips

Bit worrying if razr leave lines, I've just ordered some from England
I have been buying razr over several times and i have never seen it leave lines, think its like with every other rubbers a bad bacth might slip out once in a while. But wouldnt worry.

That's because the unger is too short from front to back..doesn't stick out the liquidator channel far enough to work properly with the end clips
Thanks for that, I read it somewhere but good to have it backed up, think I will get a small bit of razr and try that, see how I get on first

I've been using rzr red for a while, I like it! Longevity wise it's great! Must admit though, I find ettore and unger rubbers have better glide and less breaking in time.

Re using rzr in a liquidator, I did get lines but then I get them with whatever rubber I use in it /emoticons/sad.png

was looking at black diamond on ebay just know as had seen polz bladz saying it was good stuff on a vid as he had found a bit:laugh: but when i seen the price:eek: ordered 3x42 inch unger hard instead as it was cheaper than 1x42 black diamond

was looking at black diamond on ebay just know as had seen polz bladz saying it was good stuff on a vid as he had found a bit:laugh: but when i seen the price:eek: ordered 3x42 inch unger hard instead as it was cheaper than 1x42 black diamond
I actually took the plunge and bought the 39"~40" x 10 black diamonds. Ended up costing me 66p per 14" or 12" rubber. And yeah, you can get 3 x 14" rubbers out of the 39" (ish) strip, if you are a dog ear user who cuts the rubber exactly the same as the channel with no overhang.

As for the rubber, it's hard for me to say, since I'm not using heavy washing up liquid anymore.

I can certainly tell you this rubber is very soft, but probably relatively hardwearing, since it feels pretty hard to cut with a razorblade (not like normal 'soft' rubber).

It's also natural rubber, not silicone like some may have speculated. I really doubt it's as hardwearing as razrblade, more like just very good quality like the ettore

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried a sample of the black diamond yesterday, but i didnt like it, its way too soft and bendy for my taste, its very cheap though compared to razr red.

wagtail rubber

I've been using rzr red for a while, I like it! Longevity wise it's great! Must admit though, I find ettore and unger rubbers have better glide and less breaking in time.
Re using rzr in a liquidator, I did get lines but then I get them with whatever rubber I use in it /emoticons/sad.png
reminds me i have to get mine out for another go :rolleyes:

eh and my one pass wagtail the original combi:laugh:

its my big hairy paws fault

Ive been trying the unger soft green rubber lasts about a day. the ends get chewed up very quickly. I reckon its to soft if thats possible.
Indeed, this has been known for some time, that unger green is terrible

Back