ordering parts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Apr 13, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

well ive started to purchase my stuff i'll need for my diy set up, well sort of ive just realized, i havnt a clue what i need to get :huh: connectors di vessel size, hose size, ive always used pro set ups so i really haven't go a clue please help i want to order everything tomorrow but now its came to it im stumped :D:huh::D

Advertisement
  2. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Connectors- I use microbore not hoselock.

DI size- At least 7l I've been told. Tho I have a small one & never had a prob.

Hose size- I use 6mm microbore, but think 8mm works just the same.

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

either buy a kit rdy made as thay cheap enough for what thay are tbh or just look at the kit for what you need mate

what van you got or going for ? and tank size ?

i went for a 250l tank its a bit small if u do more than 10 houses a day tbh

4. windyman

P.s there will always be odd little bits you'll remember after you've ordered. But as far as connections, always order a couple even if you need just one. You'll need them in time & will save on postage.

5. Paul

Paul Guest

what connectors do i need to add onto the tank (where i drill) to connect the hoselocks to and how do i stop them leaking ?

6. windyman

Water tank has a hole in the bottom already where you screw in an elbow joint & jubilee clip the hose onto it.

7. Paul

Paul Guest

im slightly scared to drill through my tank lol and havnt a clue how the fill plug and drain plug stay water tight[hr]
    how do you fill yours through the same point ?[hr]
    i havnt a clue what connectors i need, god this is harder to do than it was in my head

8. windyman

Don't drill it mate, the outlet hole is already there, when you screw in ur elbow bung, use ptfe tape to make it water tight.

And I just fill it through the lid.

9. Paul

Paul Guest

the lid is going to be covered as its a flat tank in a berlingo not a lot of room and was going to make a storage shelf on top, is this a bad idea??

10. windyman

No it's a good idea, I would just cut round the lid for access.

Advertisement