Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Organising van better for more space

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don’t want to out anyone as wrong, but I’m sure we’re getting calculations wrong here. F=ma yes but a is not mph it’s ms-2. My memory of suvat from mechanics a level is shady so will need to confirm with my friend who is more knowledgable but using the calculations expressed on here; if a seatbelt strap only has a tonne Newtonmeter rating it would easily snap in a low speed car crash with a 10stone man and they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Why not out them as wrong if they are lol

I don’t want to out anyone as wrong, but I’m sure we’re getting calculations wrong here. F=ma yes but a is not mph it’s ms-2. My memory of suvat from mechanics a level is shady so will need to confirm with my friend who is more knowledgable but using the calculations expressed on here; if a seatbelt strap only has a tonne Newtonmeter rating it would easily snap in a low speed car crash with a 10stone man and they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Thats because the metal seatbelt brackets are designed to tear (similar to a ring pull tin, but obviously a  lot stronger) and absorb some of the force.

Barrels do seem to be easier in that way saves on insurance and safer as individual and clumped together.

Trolley still work well for me but just got 100m hose so can use that instead and leave trolley in van on some jobs

I have to add when you got more than 9 or so barrels need something to stop them in a crash tho better safe than sorry. Btw on different note someone said to me u save more water using trolley than van mount?? Surely that is not true

Latest Posts

Back