Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Parking note.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

so i had a guy complain cos i parked outside his house(leagally) after reading him the highway code and telling him to do one he wasnt happy....6 months on and he is well miffed cos now i deliberately park outside his house and wave at him every time i work his street ??

AC6BF831-8F5F-45E0-BE69-96A32778C431.jpeg?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a customer that moans about her neighbours, moans about anyone parking on the street, moans about junk mail, moans about new houses being built, moans about fireworks same sh!t every month some people just have nothing to do with their lives. Don’t let them grind you down keep parking their every month and keep us updated ? 
Sounds like most of the members on this forum (lol)

Ok, so now I'm quite annoyed. My 7 year old opened the note in the van and unbeknownst to me it had the following inside, which he read out ???

View attachment 19630
This is totally out of order, the time she must have spent putting that together as well, she must be a right fruit loop, I would consider taking it to the police although they may view it as a civil matter, 

We moved from our last house because of parking issues and the loopy neighbours who thought they owned the street.

This is totally out of order, the time she must have spent putting that together as well, she must be a right fruit loop, I would consider taking it to the police although they may view it as a civil matter, 

We moved from our last house because of parking issues and the loopy neighbours who thought they owned the street.
I have friends and family who are coppers, showed them and they said there's not much they can do, just laugh it off and move on.

I have friends and family who are coppers, showed them and they said there's not much they can do, just laugh it off and move on.
If its like round here lately, 'There is no law', was off a film and used on a wicked drum n bass track, or might've been a techno tune, cant remember for sure. Some old ravers mite know.

we've been lucky in woodbridge for many years, they stopped ticketing for illegal parking, old bill said they didnt have the time for it and the car park police were only allowed to cover the car parks, but from april they gonna start doing all the side streets and the free for half hour bays etc. Will mess me up for a few of my jobs. also the car parks are always full, specially in the tourist season so gonna be a bit of a pita.

If its like round here lately, 'There is no law', was off a film and used on a wicked drum n bass track, or might've been a techno tune, cant remember for sure. Some old ravers mite know.
Was it "Their Law" by Prodigy? Think it featured in End of Days? Great song!!!

Was it "Their Law" by Prodigy? Think it featured in End of Days? Great song!!!
I just found it, dave b probably know it, its an old school hardcore track by messiah called 'there is no law' form 1991. thought it might've come off that film the purge but was way before that came out.

I just found it, dave b probably know it, its an old school hardcore track by messiah called 'there is no law' form 1991. thought it might've come off that film the purge but was way before that came out.
That's the one, I used to have it on 12" vinyl I let a mate of mine, have all mine as I wasn't that bothered but this was over 25 years ago then I regretted it when months later he sold the lot for about £60 his and mine combined would have been worth well over a £100 back then as their must have been 60-70 records and a fair few white labels in there as well. 

It's fine if you can laugh it off, hopefully things will mellow out.

also hoping they won't bring in that law in right across the UK about parking on pavements, I always park respectfully with enough room and make sure there is around a 3-4ft space, if this came in parking on housing estates with more narrow roads will be a nightmare as it's the only solution to ensure that traffic of all sizes can get past due to the over spill of cars, which is partly the fault of house builders , 4 bed detached house 1 parking space outside a garage on the same estate 2 bed house with a driveway down the side of the house with enough parking for almost 3 cars ?

That's the one, I used to have it on 12" vinyl I let a mate of mine, have all mine as I wasn't that bothered but this was over 25 years ago then I regretted it when months later he sold the lot for about £60 his and mine combined would have been worth well over a £100 back then as their must have been 60-70 records and a fair few white labels in there as well. 
Some of those old school discs are really rare. I still remember some tunes at gigs that i never heard again. mind you a lot of that would've been good mixing. Once Im a bit more sorted money wise i intend to get some decks and a load of vinyl, great hobby. My mate had all his nicked, he had all the classics from then. he got a good result at the local landfill/tip though. About 100 drum/bass records just left there.

It's fine if you can laugh it off, hopefully things will mellow out.

also hoping they won't bring in that law in right across the UK about parking on pavements, I always park respectfully with enough room and make sure there is around a 3-4ft space, if this came in parking on housing estates with more narrow roads will be a nightmare as it's the only solution to ensure that traffic of all sizes can get past due to the over spill of cars, which is partly the fault of house builders , 4 bed detached house 1 parking space outside a garage on the same estate 2 bed house with a driveway down the side of the house with enough parking for almost 3 cars ?
Time is a healer, as they say, I'm over it now, leave her to it. The estate I live on is exactly as you described, constant posts on the FB group page about people's inconsiderate parking and it can get quite heated.

Here, the council have a mobile camera vehicle, just drives around and automatically books people, this on top of the parking wardens already in place, they must be making a fortune from it, baskets!!!

The estate I live on is exactly as you described, constant posts on the FB group page about people's inconsiderate parking and it can get quite heated.
This has happened on estates I cover and it was parents who were kicking off saying they couldn't get past with the pushchair, funnily enough I have found these to be the worst offenders not even leaving more than a few inches of pavement and parking across dropped kerbs which is a parking offence I am meaning dropped kerbs for wheelchair users etc not the dropped kerbs for peoples driveways 

Some people have even took to parking in residents parking bays which I assume they legally own as they are numbered for each house over the years I have seen the number of private parking signs go up on the fence were the parking bays are, the same estate has visitor parking bays and these usually get filled with peoples second and third cars of a household, one owner has 2 cars in the visitor bays and doesn't use there own driveway, the mind boggles 

Back