Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Perfect brush combo?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

35cm I use a most apart from on leaded then I use either the ultimate flock, or a Xtreme sill flock, on sash windows I use ultimate medium or medium soft these are the most used brushes. 

4 storey houses I use the extreme sill medium lol.

the right brush for the right property lol.

Yes got your point P/timerWhat 35 do you use Den? Iam suprised iam considering the universal 35, as its the heaveyer of the bunch it deffinatly was my last choise as little as a week ago,but using a non sill brush today ,and ocasionaly bringing it down to adjust angle ,to clean the sill highlights the speed of just droping down on to sill .with the universal,If its going to be to heavy though,thats going to be counter productive,but ifeel the smaller brushes take  to many passes,hey hoe

Ok thanks for that P/timer.Then my only consideration now is,i do like the universal sill brush,i find it very fast on the frames and sills. I was using the ultimate medium soft 25cm today,(the good all rounder) rinse on glass,but was missing my universal,for flickiing round the frames etc,even though its the flocked version,So iam fancying the medium soft(unflocked version)good job ive got my teeth in!! so as to rinse on etc. I could just buy the 25cm,but why not go for the 35,i thinks to myself,dont know what to do?what would you do please?For instance if cleaning flats, offices two or three stories high ,then definately the taper tech,as theirs not so many frames/sills etc,but residential semies the universal might be best, although its two times heavier.Whats A Gal To Do i dont know Cheers any comments most welcome.
I’m always torn between the tapertec and the universal sill brush. I like them both, but as you rightly say, weight is an issue. @alexgardiner please develop a lightweight tapertec sill brush ??

Yes got your point P/timerWhat 35 do you use Den? Iam suprised iam considering the universal 35, as its the heaveyer of the bunch it deffinatly was my last choise as little as a week ago,but using a non sill brush today ,and ocasionaly bringing it down to adjust angle ,to clean the sill highlights the speed of just droping down on to sill .with the universal,If its going to be to heavy though,thats going to be counter productive,but ifeel the smaller brushes take  to many passes,hey hoe
35cm extreme medium. 

If you have a swivel you can do the sills with any brush
I agree ? only when I start to get to four storey I change to medium extreme sill as it’s little easier for the sills anything below regular maintenance cleans I don’t think a sill brush is totally needed.

Ive Got a bit of a problem regarding my Gardiners flocked brushes Custy asked me if i could do down stairs by hand because her Hubby had to stick back some leading back because the brush seems to be tearing /nocking the lead off .Weve just been discusing moving the brush side to side on leaded or diagonaly,for a smoother action.Yes i do that,but my question is,whats the gentle,ist flocked brush gardiner do.I bought the flocked sill some months ago for this very reason.i didnt buy the Ultimate Flocked Single Trim,which has three stars, cause it wasnt a sill, Should I Have Done!! Is it More gentle than the sill? When i frst used the sill it was far far smoother than my mono,brushes. So light i started using it on every thing it was great !So much so,when i bought the small universal sill i bought the flocked one.That though was quite a bit more agresive and i would have to be quite a bit more carefull with it on leads,often swaping it out for the ordinery sill.The custys windows are a bit old,and i have knocked the odd bit of lead of with my Scrim on two or three peoples windows,be carfull out there.Like i said the flocked sill is very gentle,but to be discontinued,Question is,is the Ultimate Flocked Single Trim More gentle.Thank you

Ive Got a bit of a problem regarding my Gardiners flocked brushes Custy asked me if i could do down stairs by hand because her Hubby had to stick back some leading back because the brush seems to be tearing /nocking the lead off .Weve just been discusing moving the brush side to side on leaded or diagonaly,for a smoother action.Yes i do that,but my question is,whats the gentle,ist flocked brush gardiner do.I bought the flocked sill some months ago for this very reason.i didnt buy the Ultimate Flocked Single Trim,which has three stars, cause it wasnt a sill, Should I Have Done!! Is it More gentle than the sill? When i frst used the sill it was far far smoother than my mono,brushes. So light i started using it on every thing it was great !So much so,when i bought the small universal sill i bought the flocked one.That though was quite a bit more agresive and i would have to be quite a bit more carefull with it on leads,often swaping it out for the ordinery sill.The custys windows are a bit old,and i have knocked the odd bit of lead of with my Scrim on two or three peoples windows,be carfull out there.Like i said the flocked sill is very gentle,but to be discontinued,Question is,is the Ultimate Flocked Single Trim More gentle.Thank you
We use stiff supreame brushes and hot water on leaded glass and never have a problem , I think it’s more  to do with the way you scrub rather than the brush used , like all things there is a technique tk doing it without causing damage . 

Gently, gently with lead. Watch intensely what you are doing. Don't try to scrub. Just tickle the window with the bristles. I use the Gardiner Extreme Sill Brush (non flocked), son uses Medium Mixed Sill Brush. Neither of us have ever had a problem with leaded windows. If the customer says anything. You tell them, You dare'nt scrub as it risks dislodging the lead.

Oh and by the way, be very gentle. ?

Gently, gently with lead. Watch intensely what you are doing. Don't try to scrub. Just tickle the window with the bristles. I use the Gardiner Extreme Sill Brush (non flocked), son uses Medium Mixed Sill Brush. Neither of us have ever had a problem with leaded windows. If the customer says anything. You tell them, You dare'nt scrub as it risks dislodging the lead.

Oh and by the way, be very gentle. ?
Ive just had a message back from gardiners They recomend he ultimate flock.because of its splay although my flocked sill is very gentle it really is! it has a wider splay and more likely to get under the leads,looks like ill have to buy one after all.

I think soon, if ever this subject comes up again in the future about which brush to buy Ill be able to answer quite catorgorickly (spelling) ,cause at this rate ill have tried em all?

Please any one help help before this happens or before i seak phicological advise PD45tstar you have both the extream sill brushes i know this  has been coverd earlyer,but that was before my addiction.What are their benifits over each other pleaseThink i beter go and have a cup of tea thank you all

Ive just had a message back from gardiners They recomend he ultimate flock.because of its splay although my flocked sill is very gentle it really is! it has a wider splay and more likely to get under the leads,looks like ill have to buy one after all.

I think soon, if ever this subject comes up again in the future about which brush to buy Ill be able to answer quite catorgorickly (spelling) ,cause at this rate ill have tried em all?

Please any one help help before this happens or before i seak phicological advise PD45tstar you have both the extream sill brushes i know this  has been coverd earlyer,but that was before my addiction.What are their benifits over each other pleaseThink i beter go and have a cup of tea thank you all
I have flocked sill, extreme flock sill and ultimate flock, without a shadow of a doubt in my ipinion the ultimate is the best on leaded and the only brush I would use on the really old leaded windows glides ove the smoothest ?

I have flocked sill, extreme flock sill and ultimate flock, without a shadow of a doubt in my ipinion the ultimate is the best on leaded and the only brush I would use on the really old leaded windows glides ove the smoothest ?
Right i,ll buy one then.May i ask why youve got three Flocked brushes do you use mono,es at all?

Right i,ll buy one then.May i ask why youve got three Flocked brushes do you use mono,es at all?
I have days when We clean approx 25/30 houses with most of them leaded the ulitmate flock is a great brush for leaded and glides smoothly over the leads. also I like a ulitmate flock brush for first cleans.

I don’t really use the flock sill brush as it’s heavier sometimes occasionally on GSF.

Tge extreme sill flock isn’t as good as the ultimate on square leads as it bounces a bit more.

I have days when We clean approx 25/30 houses with most of them leaded the ulitmate flock is a great brush for leaded and glides smoothly over the leads. also I like a ulitmate flock brush for first cleans.

I don’t really use the flock sill brush as it’s heavier sometimes occasionally on GSF.

Tge extreme sill flock isn’t as good as the ultimate on square leads as it bounces a bit more.
yes i,ll buy the ultimate,You mention Square leaded, does that have different problems to diamond leaded or  are they basicly the same. When do you like to use your extreme please?

yes i,ll buy the ultimate,You mention Square leaded, does that have different problems to diamond leaded or  are they basicly the same. When do you like to use your extreme please?
Most brushes jump on square leaded if brushing (up and down)  the extreme sill flock jumps a little more on square lead due to the shorter bristles than a ultimate flock brush.  if you brush diagonally on square lead it’s more like diamond I do a lot of listed building with tiny small windows and can only brush up and down.

I was an tester for the 26cm medium soft extreme and love it (looking forward to when the 35cm version) a couple of forum members used the flock version and rated it so I thought I would buy one it’s a good brush also ? I do use it some days I have few big houses in a row with diamond lead. 

Single trim brushes I find clean really well lots of bristles on the glass all the time but you need to rinse off the glass I find. 

I done a review on the ultimate medium, flock and medium soft brushes approx 3 years ago on this forum but can’t seem to find the thread. 

Latest Posts

Back