Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Peugeot Partner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They just needed to replace the airbag ECU and program it in again. A technician at the garage told me he used to work at Pergeot and couldn't believe how many times he had to change the full loom when he was there, and how many people were willing to pay for it.
Unfortunately, most mechanics these days are parts fitters. If the computer scan tells them something with a fault code, then they have no idea how to trouble shoot the actual cause of the problem.

A customer of ours used to work in a Peugeot garage. He was being trained as a trouble shooter before he left. It was his job to identify the problem and then tell the assigned mechanic what to replace.

We just have to remember that no manufacturer wants you to fix your vehicle when something major happens. The way they help you make the decision to scrap and buy new is they make the price of spare parts prohibitively expensive.

Last edited:
We just have to remember that no manufacturer wants you to fix your vehicle when something major happens. The way they help you make the decision to scrap and buy new is they make the price of spare parts prohibitively expensive.
I've had a faulty washer jet on my 2019 Peugeot Partner, I guess previous owner or garage widened the jets to get it through the mot! The jet is a little plastic box on the end of the wiper arm. Called Peugeot for a replacement but they only come with the wiper arm at £50!!! The wiper jets must cost about 10p to make and just clip on, but Peugeot want to sell a complete wiper arm that requires unbolting old one etc again so they can bump up labour charges no doubt! I even tried Citroen and Vauxhall as they sell same vans but same situation - full wiper arm and strangely only pennies different in prices!!
Manufacturers spare parts can be stupid prices but on odd occasions they are cheaper than you could buy at the likes of Euro Car parts or even ebay, you never can tell!!
You have to be so careful!!

I managed to a place to fix the problem and get it through the MOT for about £650 in the end. That's a lot better than the £3000-4000 Pergeot where talking about. Turns out the harnesses didn't need changing at all. Pergeot were just taking the ****.

Such a relief. I'd never felt so stressed!
What a bunch of W*nk*rs!. Glad you got it sorted.

Latest Posts

Back