Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Physically demanding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm just about to leave this morning to go to two of the shopping centres, I fully expect them both to be absolutely bedlam. People are itching to get out and do something. You're right, you just cannot account for the general public.

I think if this saga has thought me anything, it is to diversify more. I always spread my work around different places so as to not have all eggs in one basket so to speak. I've went from clothes stores, to electrical, to take aways, to chemists, to restaurants, to pubs, to coffee shops, to theatres, to industrial. I thought I has spread things out nicely but they are all commercial and I have took a massive hit over the last 3 months. Only few residential, chemists, health stores and opticians have kept me going. Who can account for a global pandemic I suppose but lesson learned for me and I will incorporate more residential stuff into my business.
I never get this shopping and more so queuing also I dislike people in general, some lunatics will have been there long before opening time, hopefully today went well for you, a reasonable amount of domestic jobs should keep the money rolling as some shops close and whatever may happen in the future

I'm just about to leave this morning to go to two of the shopping centres, I fully expect them both to be absolutely bedlam. People are itching to get out and do something. You're right, you just cannot account for the general public.

I think if this saga has thought me anything, it is to diversify more. I always spread my work around different places so as to not have all eggs in one basket so to speak. I've went from clothes stores, to electrical, to take aways, to chemists, to restaurants, to pubs, to coffee shops, to theatres, to industrial. I thought I has spread things out nicely but they are all commercial and I have took a massive hit over the last 3 months. Only few residential, chemists, health stores and opticians have kept me going. Who can account for a global pandemic I suppose but lesson learned for me and I will incorporate more residential stuff into my business.
Pulled my van up onto my drive earlier as my neighbour was getting out his car. I’m goo d friends with him.

He said ‘bloody packed at Sports direct in Bromley, took me three hours to get in and out of there!’

I replied ‘Why was you stupid enough to go on the first day of all the shops opening?’

’Well I didn’t think it would be that busy’ ?? was his reply 

Sometimes intelligent people don’t have common sense 

I never get this shopping and more so queuing also I dislike people in general, some lunatics will have been there long before opening time, hopefully today went well for you, a reasonable amount of domestic jobs should keep the money rolling as some shops close and whatever may happen in the future
Cheers mate, yeah shops were very busy. Up to my eyeballs but a good complaint. Reckon by the weekend it will be carnage. People don't seem to mind queuing, it was a pet peeve of mine even before covid.

Pulled my van up onto my drive earlier as my neighbour was getting out his car. I’m goo d friends with him.

He said ‘bloody packed at Sports direct in Bromley, took me three hours to get in and out of there!’

I replied ‘Why was you stupid enough to go on the first day of all the shops opening?’

’Well I didn’t think it would be that busy’ ?? was his reply 

Sometimes intelligent people don’t have common sense 
This is so true. you can never under estimate the stupidity of the general public.

I am in regular contact with the managers and that’s what they said again last week 

they cannot implement 2 m distancing in the restaurant s , corridors and reception areas so say they won’t be re opening , same with the holiday appartment blocks time will tell , if they di change there mind I will have over 4 weeks work for 6 guys just in the hotels as they are filthy not been cleaned in over 3 months and normally done every two weeks !!!! Nk idear how we will get them done as sk busy with other stuff ????
Think you're just about to get a whole lot busier ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53164243

Back