Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Physically demanding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Anybody tried a rinse bar with it?  The idea of that long wall of water going across the glass is very appealing.  Websites down for a day now, doh.
If you are into rinsebars there is no other brush suited to the extreme 35cm I trailed the prototype for Gardiner I love them, only stop using them as they added extra weight to them as my arthritis worsening, I really like the rinsebar.

Rinse bars are good until they get covered in **** then the jets get blocked and start aiming in weird directions.. They are also very delicate, split mine within 4 weeks and binned it. 

I was going on about how good the 45cm 4 jet brushes were before the 35cm came out and before SCS had even picked a pole up. I think it was either Den, Dave B or Steve Garwood that first mentioned the 35cm brush as the 45cm was to big for residential.
There was I thinking I came up with the idea, 350mm seems to be the optimal size for domestic and 450mm for commercial. 260mm could be good for prefabs. ?

Rinse bars are good until they get covered in **** then the jets get blocked and start aiming in weird directions.. They are also very delicate, split mine within 4 weeks and binned it. 
We used one on our 60' pole, it allowed us to rinse without lifting off which makes the job much easier. There isn't much ? at that height and with my eyes I can't see it even if there is ? We now use the 35cm 4 x 1.4mm Tapertech which makes working at that height so much easier.

@Chris34 you asked to keep you posted mate so here I am. I got my Xtreme pole last Wednesday and along with it I ordered an Xtreme Sill brush (with 2mm pencil jets) and an Xtreme 35cm Tapertec (with 4 x 1.4mm jets). So I've used it for 3 days now and can honestly say I absolutely LOVE the pole. What's not to like it's lighter and a lot stiffer than my SLX. But just as important as the pole are the brushes I just mentioned. I put the sill brush on first and used that for the first day. Thought it was OK pretty good but nothing THAT special, think I prefer the Ultimate medium over that. Yesterday I had some biggish jobs with conservatories etc so I decided to whack on the 35cm Tapertec...oh, my, GOD! I frikken LOVE this brush! Spent all day with it today on the pole and I've made more money in a shorter time and I'm certain it's mainly down to the brush (even more than the pole). I call that a win win. I also used much less water than normal even though I have 4 jets on it which surprised me a lot! I can work much quicker it seems while having more confidence in the rinse. HIGHLY recommend that brush!
So going off everybodies opinions on the 35cm Xtreme Tapertec I ordered one, also ordered a 23cm Supreme Dupont Tapertec and a variety of jets.  Only had two jobs booked for today as whether was looking dodgy, strong winds / rain, but sizeable enough to test out each brush.

I really don't like the 35cm Xtreme, for a start the bristles seem almost bare, didn't seem like enough to carry out a proper clean.  I put four 2mm jets in, to be fair I didn't use that much water and time wise I think would have been a bit quicker than normal with a bit of practise [usually use Ultimate Medium soft], the main problem for me though is that it's not nimble enough around the edges, oh and hearing plastic on plastic / brick all the time due to the lack of bristles.  Obviously it would take time to get used to but I just cannot imagine it being better, not for domestic houses anyway.  Shop fronts and commercial I could see it being a good option.  To be fair the actual clean on the glass seemed ok, but it just didn't feel right using it.

Second up for next house that had big modern sash windows and a mix of cascading glass and beading glass, I used the Supreme with two 3mm jets.  The supreme brush is ok, I wouldn't rave on about it though.  For me it just felt a bit weak and also the edges seem to bang against the brick work easier than my Ultimate.  I think it's because the ultimate is splayed out at the edges more.  The supreme also seems a little bare in comparison to my Ultimate.  It did a good job but I don't think it will be one for me.

The biggy for me though is the 3mm jets.  What the hell are you lot on about with them using more water, ha ha.  I had tried the 1.4mm jets on a new Ultimate flocked last month on the same house, didn't like them at all, found that there was mist everywhere and ended up using more water than my 2mm pencil jets.  It must be the way I clean and my technique but for me those 3mm jets have somehow saved me water and has appeared to have rapidly sped up my work.  I cannot rule out the supreme brush contributing to the speed, but right now I think the 3mm jets are the way to go.  There is no blasting on the glass, rinsing seems the same but it must be quicker, less passes chasing beads.  I normally use 2mm and I was developing a technique where I'd hold the brush for a split second at the top of the window to build up a nice wall of water to drag down the glass, however with 3mm I don't need to do this, my rhythm is uninterrupted and I just crack on.

I think for me I'll be going for a new Ultimate brush, the one that I've got is the one I started with so it's 18 months old and has cleaned conservatory roofs / fascias / porches etc as well as all the windows.  What seems to be the sweet spot is the jets, 3mm jets on one and I think I'll be finally into my groove.

Just goes to show that we're all different and the way you clean will dictate what is your best option.  What suits one will not suit another and it must just be down to technique. 

I might give 4mm a go  ?

Last edited by a moderator:
So going off everybodies opinions on the 35cm Xtreme Tapertec I ordered one, also ordered a 23cm Supreme Dupont Tapertec and a variety of jets.  Only had two jobs booked for today as whether was looking dodgy, strong winds / rain, but sizeable enough to test out each brush.

I really don't like the 35cm Xtreme, for a start the bristles seem almost bare, didn't seem like enough to carry out a proper clean.  I put four 2mm jets in, to be fair I didn't use that much water and time wise I think would have been a bit quicker than normal with a bit of practise [usually use Ultimate Medium soft], the main problem for me though is that it's not nimble enough around the edges, oh and hearing plastic on plastic / brick all the time due to the lack of bristles.  Obviously it would take time to get used to but I just cannot imagine it being better, not for domestic houses anyway.  Shop fronts and commercial I could see it being a good option.  To be fair the actual clean on the glass seemed ok, but it just didn't feel right using it.

Second up for next house that had big modern sash windows and a mix of cascading glass and beading glass, I used the Supreme with two 3mm jets.  The supreme brush is ok, I wouldn't rave on about it though.  For me it just felt a bit weak and also the edges seem to bang against the brick work easier than my Ultimate.  I think it's because the ultimate is splayed out at the edges more.  The supreme also seems a little bare in comparison to my Ultimate.  It did a good job but I don't think it will be one for me.

The biggy for me though is the 3mm jets.  What the hell are you lot on about with them using more water, ha ha.  I had tried the 1.4mm jets on a new Ultimate flocked last month on the same house, didn't like them at all, found that there was mist everywhere and ended up using more water than my 2mm pencil jets.  It must be the way I clean and my technique but for me those 3mm jets have somehow saved me water and has appeared to have rapidly sped up my work.  I cannot rule out the supreme brush contributing to the speed, but right now I think the 3mm jets are the way to go.  There is no blasting on the glass, rinsing seems the same but it must be quicker, less passes chasing beads.  I normally use 2mm and I was developing a technique where I'd hold the brush for a split second at the top of the window to build up a nice wall of water to drag down the glass, however with 3mm I don't need to do this, my rhythm is uninterrupted and I just crack on.

I think for me I'll be going for a new Ultimate brush, the one that I've got is the one I started with so it's 18 months old and has cleaned conservatory roofs / fascias / porches etc as well as all the windows.  What seems to be the sweet spot is the jets, 3mm jets on one and I think I'll be finally into my groove.

Just goes to show that we're all different and the way you clean will dictate what is your best option.  What suits one will not suit another and it must just be down to technique. 

I might give 4mm a go  ?
Will swapped your 35cm for a couple of brushes.

superlite medium mix used twice didnt like it and ultimate medium My son didn’t like that used handful of times.

also I have some new superlite compact flocked I bought several before they discontinued them if your interested is a swap.

I really don't like the 35cm Xtreme, for a start the bristles seem almost bare, didn't seem like enough to carry out a proper clean.
We think it's the best brush for scrubbing, especially the inner bristles, I said elsewhere I don't like Dupont bristles. Great for one of my biggest bug bears snail trails. It would be boring if everyone thought the same.

Will swapped your 35cm for a couple of brushes.

superlite medium mix used twice didnt like it and ultimate medium My son didn’t like that used handful of times.

also I have some new superlite compact flocked I bought several before they discontinued them if your interested is a swap.
Yeah I might be up for that.  Does your brushes have the new system jet fittings?

No had them ages just never use them I will take photo and PM you if interested? 
I'll have a think and look into them.  I think I'll have a better idea after tomorrow when I've been out with the 3mm supreme again.  I also want to do a detailed comparison to my Ultimate just in case I'm overlooking any issues that I have with the Ultimate that I've not noticed due to being so used to it.  

We think it's the best brush for scrubbing, especially the inner bristles, I said elsewhere I don't like Dupont bristles. Great for one of my biggest bug bears snail trails. It would be boring if everyone thought the same.
I used to get wound up with snail trails. 

Now I leave them on there and they disappear once dry.

Sod scrubbing them off.

but right now I think the 3mm jets are the way to go
Think I'm gonna have to give the 3mm's a go. It's all about experimentation I guess to find what works for you. All I've tried so far in 2.5 years WFP are the 2mm and the 1.4mm. Never tried fans. All you can do is try right..?

Think I'm gonna have to give the 3mm's a go. It's all about experimentation I guess to find what works for you. All I've tried so far in 2.5 years WFP are the 2mm and the 1.4mm. Never tried fans. All you can do is try right..?
What I've so far found with the 3mm is there is plenty of water going on the glass but less spray and splash back, so more water to work with on the glass, the rinsing is more straight forward so you can just breeze through the work faster.  The only time it might be an issue is when you have dirt stuck on the glass and it needs longer dwell time before scrubbing, however most houses I do are relatively clean and I'm just dealing with webs and pollen / pollution.

I think the extra water just gets rid of all the dirt better.  I'll be trying it out again tomorrow, must say I was impressed though.  Normally the house in question I would use 70 to 75 litres but only used 60 today and the same flow setting so it was surprising.  Didn't really feel like I was working any differently either.

What I've so far found with the 3mm is there is plenty of water going on the glass but less spray and splash back, so more water to work with on the glass, the rinsing is more straight forward so you can just breeze through the work faster.  The only time it might be an issue is when you have dirt stuck on the glass and it needs longer dwell time before scrubbing, however most houses I do are relatively clean and I'm just dealing with webs and pollen / pollution.

I think the extra water just gets rid of all the dirt better.  I'll be trying it out again tomorrow, must say I was impressed though.  Normally the house in question I would use 70 to 75 litres but only used 60 today and the same flow setting so it was surprising.  Didn't really feel like I was working any differently either.
Has anybody mixed and match jets? I'm currently loving the 35cm I have to say. But like you mentioned, the 1.4mm does give off a lot of mist which I'm not really a big fan of. So I'm thinking maybe 2 x 1.4mm on the outer, and 2 x 3mm on the inner brush ?‍♂️

Has anybody mixed and match jets? I'm currently loving the 35cm I have to say. But like you mentioned, the 1.4mm does give off a lot of mist which I'm not really a big fan of. So I'm thinking maybe 2 x 1.4mm on the outer, and 2 x 3mm on the inner brush ?‍♂️
I found the 3mm jets too big to be fair and ditched them after a few days. My optimum on the 350mm brush is 2 inside 100% fan jets and 2 outside 50% fan jets and couldn't be happier with it.

Latest Posts

Back