Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Physically demanding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Got down for 7.15, couldn't start till 8, so had a stretch. Windows were filthy and milky frames. Drained 800l tank in 6 hours, filled up at Wembley Spotless. Did next job and at hotel for  4.30, currently drinking cold Peroni and eating pizza, nice spot as well. Probably in bed for 8, I'm getting old ?

View attachment 20524
That drive down would kill me off to start with they just make me tired. Makes it one hell of a long day. Peroni and pizza sounds perfect ?

Keep us posted with how you get on with it.  Must admit I'm tempted myself from what I hear about them.
@Chris34 you asked to keep you posted mate so here I am. I got my Xtreme pole last Wednesday and along with it I ordered an Xtreme Sill brush (with 2mm pencil jets) and an Xtreme 35cm Tapertec (with 4 x 1.4mm jets). So I've used it for 3 days now and can honestly say I absolutely LOVE the pole. What's not to like it's lighter and a lot stiffer than my SLX. But just as important as the pole are the brushes I just mentioned. I put the sill brush on first and used that for the first day. Thought it was OK pretty good but nothing THAT special, think I prefer the Ultimate medium over that. Yesterday I had some biggish jobs with conservatories etc so I decided to whack on the 35cm Tapertec...oh, my, GOD! I frikken LOVE this brush! Spent all day with it today on the pole and I've made more money in a shorter time and I'm certain it's mainly down to the brush (even more than the pole). I call that a win win. I also used much less water than normal even though I have 4 jets on it which surprised me a lot! I can work much quicker it seems while having more confidence in the rinse. HIGHLY recommend that brush!

@Chris34 you asked to keep you posted mate so here I am. I got my Xtreme pole last Wednesday and along with it I ordered an Xtreme Sill brush (with 2mm pencil jets) and an Xtreme 35cm Tapertec (with 4 x 1.4mm jets). So I've used it for 3 days now and can honestly say I absolutely LOVE the pole. What's not to like it's lighter and a lot stiffer than my SLX. But just as important as the pole are the brushes I just mentioned. I put the sill brush on first and used that for the first day. Thought it was OK pretty good but nothing THAT special, think I prefer the Ultimate medium over that. Yesterday I had some biggish jobs with conservatories etc so I decided to whack on the 35cm Tapertec...oh, my, GOD! I frikken LOVE this brush! Spent all day with it today on the pole and I've made more money in a shorter time and I'm certain it's mainly down to the brush (even more than the pole). I call that a win win. I also used much less water than normal even though I have 4 jets on it which surprised me a lot! I can work much quicker it seems while having more confidence in the rinse. HIGHLY recommend that brush!
Thanks for the feedback.  Might give that 35cm brush a go, sounds good.  

I was going on about how good the 45cm 4 jet brushes were before the 35cm came out and before SCS had even picked a pole up. I think it was either Den, Dave B or Steve Garwood that first mentioned the 35cm brush as the 45cm was to big for residential.
Aye think the 45cm will be too big like as it won't fit into some of my windows but the 35cm is absolutely spot on! Only wish I'd done it earlier ☹️ can't see me going back to the smaller one now

Aye think the 45cm will be too big like as it won't fit into some of my windows but the 35cm is absolutely spot on! Only wish I'd done it earlier ☹️ can't see me going back to the smaller one now
I've used the 45cm for around 4 years and for a lot of my commercial work it's great. The new Tapertech is probably the best brush, overall, I've used. We only bought one for our 60' pole as I don't like the extreme brushes and this was the lightest out there and at 60' grams make a big difference.  

I've used the 45cm for around 4 years and for a lot of my commercial work it's great. The new Tapertech is probably the best brush, overall, I've used. We only bought one for our 60' pole as I don't like the extreme brushes and this was the lightest out there and at 60' grams make a big difference.  
We should rename you to SCS making it all about you no mentioned 45cm ???

I had tears down my face when I read what SCS had wrote earlier ?
Surprised no else quoted the same lol as a good few on here use the 35cm brushes ?

I was going on about how good the 45cm 4 jet brushes were before the 35cm came out and before SCS had even picked a pole up. I think it was either Den, Dave B or Steve Garwood that first mentioned the 35cm brush as the 45cm was to big for residential.
@Marko067 got me interested in the e treme 35cm a good while back I have the natural hybrid versions love the brush also @Dave B uses a ultimate medium 35cm never used one of them myself but imagine they are a nicebrush to use as I liked the 26cm version.

Is there any downside to using the 35cm?  Does it not tire you arms more due to its extra width?  

Is there any downside to using the 35cm?  Does it not tire you arms more due to its extra width?  
No it’s actually a few Grammys lighter than a extreme sill brush ? apart from the extreme 26cm there is no other lighter brush, extreme brushes if not used to them are a little different but once used to them they are great imo you can work faster and longer. 

Just remember to order with 4x  1.4mm jets well that’s what I use ? some others use fan jets. 

No it’s actually a few Grammys lighter than a extreme sill brush ? apart from the extreme 26cm there is no other lighter brush, extreme brushes if not used to them are a little different but once used to them they are great imo you can work faster and longer. 

Just remember to order with 4x  1.4mm jets well that’s what I use ? some others use fan jets. 
4x100° fan jets is what I use. 

Flow on full and blast the glass. 

Latest Posts

Back