Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole clamp question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hi every one glad youve got your pole sorted,but the clamps on my steamline 33 are playing me up and i wont to replace them.ive a set of phantom clamps to go  but i dont wont to cut the old clamps of,cause the poles only just long enough to reach a couple of jobs if i stand on tiptoe.any advice please on gettig them off,they are glued.ive thoght of  hacksaw,angle grinder,sharp chisel,to get most the clamp off,then carefully doing the last bit buy hand and a file,sticking a section in a lathe but idont know any one with one.Any one tried this?ore should i forgetabout the whole thing.if i have toask custy to sit on her shoulders,she might not have it.The pole is carbon,thanks

hi every one glad youve got your pole sorted,but the clamps on my steamline 33 are playing me up and i wont to replace them.ive a set of phantom clamps to go  but i dont wont to cut the old clamps of,cause the poles only just long enough to reach a couple of jobs if i stand on tiptoe.any advice please on gettig them off,they are glued.ive thoght of  hacksaw,angle grinder,sharp chisel,to get most the clamp off,then carefully doing the last bit buy hand and a file,sticking a section in a lathe but idont know any one with one.Any one tried this?ore should i forgetabout the whole thing.if i have toask custy to sit on her shoulders,she might not have it.The pole is carbon,thanks
Don't use a resin debonder as it will eat the pole. gently heat them with a hairdryer or electric heat gun normally softens the expoy so they slide off after a good wiggle 

Don't use a resin debonder as it will eat the pole. gently heat them with a hairdryer or electric heat gun normally softens the expoy so they slide off after a good wiggle 

Latest Posts

Back