Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I rarely disconnect, if it starts kinking just reel in hose until its just the kinked pole hose and then just stretch it out and twist around until the hose is kink free and then reel it.

I rarely disconnect, if it starts kinking just reel in hose until its just the kinked pole hose and then just stretch it out and twist around until the hose is kink free and then reel it.
I do this I tend to trap in the back door and then pull tight and shake and you can see it straightening out.only last a short while though

These twisting hoses are, apart from that they are incredibly impractical, are dangerous. I have fluorescent blue one on my backpack, cone on the pathway, and it did not prevent this phone zombie to trip on it. Luckily no injuries or damages (phone).
Ionics have their orange hose pretty light, durable and it does not twist at all.

These twisting hoses are, apart from that they are incredibly impractical, are dangerous. I have fluorescent blue one on my backpack, cone on the pathway, and it did not prevent this phone zombie to trip on it. Luckily no injuries or damages (phone).
Ionics have their orange hose pretty light, durable and it does not twist at all.
How long have you been using the orange hose?

The gardiners green pu hose is more of a bright neon green. I use that for my poles. I’ve tried a few, it’s probably my favourite one.
how does this work with a uni valve pal ? im struggling atm every pole hose I try its to stretchy and the valve wont work properly , so frustrating at moment.

how does this work with a uni valve pal ? im struggling atm every pole hose I try its to stretchy and the valve wont work properly , so frustrating at moment.
Are you making sure the hose can't pull through the gooseneck? You need some form of hose stop where the hose comes out of the gooseneck at the brush end or when you pull the hose you will just be pulling on the brush jets.

Are you making sure the hose can't pull through the gooseneck? You need some form of hose stop where the hose comes out of the gooseneck at the brush end or when you pull the hose you will just be pulling on the brush jets.
yes iv got an o ring above the goose kneck as a stop , the pole hose im using seems to stretchy thats why the uni valve isn't working very well , just need guidance on a hose that doesn't stretch or kink on my cold water system?

We don’t use univalves it might be a bit stretchy operating them on a long pole but it’s very good hose for cold also works well with hot .

What do you use instead of a univalve ?. When I first tried to fit a univalve I broke the thing. When I tore it apart to have a look what it was made off it must cost about 59 pence to make and its sold for £40.

What do you use instead of a univalve ?. When I first tried to fit a univalve I broke the thing. When I tore it apart to have a look what it was made off it must cost about 59 pence to make and its sold for £40.
We don’t use uni valves I tried one and it broke after 6-7 months so never bothered replacing it , also with 27-30 poles it would cost a lot not that I couldn’t afford them but never felt they were worth the money ,also something else to go wrong, we just squeeze the hose and stick it in the end of the pole

We don’t use uni valves I tried one and it broke after 6-7 months so never bothered replacing it , also with 27-30 poles it would cost a lot not that I couldn’t afford them but never felt they were worth the money ,also something else to go wrong, we just squeeze the hose and stick it in the end of the pole
Aye, suppose I wouldn't like to see a bill for that much of them. The people who work for you don't give a **** either tbh. They don't go out there way to break stuff but there no as carefully as you'd like either. Would be unrealistic to expect anything else though. In other jobs that I've had if something broke then it broke, it wasn't my place to worry about replacing it.

yes iv got an o ring above the goose kneck as a stop , the pole hose im using seems to stretchy thats why the uni valve isn't working very well , just need guidance on a hose that doesn't stretch or kink on my cold water system?
I'm using Gardiners green PU and that's fine. You haven't put the pole hose too close to the univalve have you? Can't remember but there is a diagram somewhere that shows you need a gap between the pole hose and where the univalve widens if you get my drift?

Do you have the new Ultraflex hose on your reel also?

Latest Posts

Back