Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Size What Would You Buy And Why

WCF

Help Support WCF:

garyboy

hi all if you was to buy 1 pole to cover most domestic jobs only not big commercial with a £200 budget or close too as possible to include brush simply what would it be..

what length ?

what make ?

ide get eather a clx or a facelift pole clx 27 is a nce langth can get 3rd story ncely if u can strech a bit more ££££ get a full carbon tho

none of the above gary,i would import a pole from china,a lot cheaper and tbh it will be as good quality if not better than you would buy here in the uk.

try alibaba.com to start with,do your research though.

just imported three poles two 18'ones at £96 each and 100% carbon weighing in at 1kg each

whichever pole you end up buying and no matter what the suppliers tell you all wfp poles come from china mate so wise up and play savvy

none of the above gary,i would import a pole from china,a lot cheaper and tbh it will be as good quality if not better than you would buy here in the uk.try alibaba.com to start with,do your research though.

just imported three poles two 18'ones at £96 each and 100% carbon weighing in at 1kg each

whichever pole you end up buying and no matter what the suppliers tell you all wfp poles come from china mate so wise up and play savvy
Thanks I will look into that

sory bud there the real deal there 100 percent carbon they have the facelift clamps but a tad different there as lite an as stiff but the price is mch cheeper cut out the middle man an go strat to the source thats wat i say :Image13:

Not really. Just an observation. Many companies have found that after having their product manufactured in a Chinese factory "similar" products end up for sale from that factory. It's a fairly common problem.

Tony Evans

[email protected]

319-325-9475

Sent from my S4

hi tony,i welcome your comments on buying poles from china,the term "knock-off" can be taken in many ways,i remember when john hewitt brought the backpack/sprayer into the uk-from china and he was open and honest about this where it came from etc-most people have one or have used one lasting many years most suppliers here sell the same model now,gardiners for instance sell a backpack from kobold-badged with the gardiners name but made in china is that a knock off then? i notice to seem to like the gardiners brand.

i did my research into the companies and the specific make up of the poles before ordering in terms of which type of carbon fibre is used/how many wraps etc and the make up of the pole is it made from uni-directional carbon fibre and/or multi-directional carbon fibre or biax carbonfibre the mix/ratio of all of these is very important.by the way did you know that the company i bought the poles from was set up by a group of teachers from a university in china who taught aeronautics and astronautics and who also make a whole load of products for the military and aeronautics industry

plus also looking at the clamping operation(by the way replacement clamps are available here in the uk)talking of clamps when i first made enquireys about different clamps the company said they did three more than the one offered but cannot disclose or fit these as "other" companies had paid for the dies to be made and are for there models only-if you bought enough of the poles they can be inscribe with your logo or name etc on the clamps and base pole section.

i am not saying that these poles are the next best thing to have, only when you use a pole "it either feels right or not" and these do for me,this can differ from one user to the next so you can't place a direct comparision to another make of pole as this would be wrong as they all have their merits.

what poles do i have?slx22 ,phoenix22 ,tucker 22 i think?,old gardiners fibre glass @ 35 and 50,a ninja pole made for me by jeff brimble plus a few others i come back to every now and again when the mood takes me.

do us a favour mate,stick to your mop n blade tony and the bit of modding you do(when you appeared?)

insults tony?more of an observation really,you keep on reccomending gardiners-thats fine,if its the only pole you have ever used i can understand why,they are good poles and have a very good customer service granted but going back to your original comments about goods from china being "knock-off" which as deemed by the term/slang as sub standard or cheap copies you haven't really addressed this-gardiners backpack from china is this a "knock-off" or sub standard too?or is it because it comes from st austell it makes it ok?

Latest Posts

Back