Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what pole brush would you suggest for starting out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James102

what pole brush would you suggest for starting out not too expensive not too cheap also advice on ro system for 300 litres per day thanks

I personally think this is the best brush on the market for efficiency and speed -

RO -

You cant really go wrong with an SLX its the work horse pole, but £250 is not really going to buy you a 25 or 27..
what would you suggest i think max i can go 300 it's just deciding whats better gardiner or xline n what brush or can you use other branded brushes on different poles ? also pump can i use any kind of pump or is best to just use shurflow

around 250 for a pole
SLX-22 is £300 including a free brush. That's the pole I started with and I can do all the windows I need it for. There was one customer who I needed a longer pole and bought an extension for, but in 3 years I've only needed it for that one customer. The 22 has been absolutely fine.

I've never seen the CLX but there was someone on here a couple of weeks ago who was struggling with it doing a fascia clean. It was bending a hell of a lot. Personally I couldn't work with it.

Can't comment on other manufacturers as I've never used them or seen them.

Gardiner is the best. My first new pole was a SLX27. Maybe consider buying secondhand but make sure you actually view the pole and test it all opens.

what pole brush would you suggest for starting out not too expensive not too cheap also advice on ro system for 300 litres per day thanks
When your start to process water, you ideally want to process water into a storage tank.
A 450gpd is fine for one cleaner but it takes a while to build up a 'buffer'. In winter my old 450gpd took the best part of a weekend to fill a used 1000 litre ibc tank.
Once you have a full tank then it's easy to manage. I fitted a float switch and solenoid valve to my ibc tank and r/o so the r/o would switch off and on automatically. This kept my tank full.

When your start to process water, you ideally want to process water into a storage tank.
A 450gpd is fine for one cleaner but it takes a while to build up a 'buffer'. In winter my old 450gpd took the best part of a weekend to fill a used 1000 litre ibc tank.
Once you have a full tank then it's easy to manage. I fitted a float switch and solenoid valve to my ibc tank and r/o so the r/o would switch off and on automatically. This kept my tank full.
Totally agree, my 450gpd R/O has had and still does have issues I am struggling to produce enough on a daily basis and I am considering those revamp merlins Pentair PRF-RO Reverse Osmosis System as I have a load of 10" prefilters so this may be a good compromise as I don't want one those big 40/40's because I don't have the space and my garage is off concrete prefab construction so no mounting things on the walls

Totally agree, my 450gpd R/O has had and still does have issues I am struggling to produce enough on a daily basis and I am considering those revamp merlins Pentair PRF-RO Reverse Osmosis System as I have a load of 10" prefilters so this may be a good compromise as I don't want one those big 40/40's because I don't have the space and my garage is off concrete prefab construction so no mounting things on the walls
I have a prefab garage to, luckily mine has wood strips on the inside between the sections that seem fine for shelving - well they haven't fallen down in the last 4 years :)
I have also stuck some extra wool supports to the concrete sections with no nails type stuff and as long as you get rid of the dust - wire brush then wipe with damp rag and let dry they stick very well!

Back