Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up 3d expert required.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Love my 3D power up, I had an issue with a leaky washer when first bought but waterworks had a replacement in the post the next day ?

I personally would not put the real the opposite way around as you need quick access to the front plate to tension the belt every now and then.

As was mentioned earlier you can order them mirrored so everything is the right way around

As was mentioned earlier you can order them mirrored so everything is the right way around
Sadly I wasn't aware of this, though apparently my son was, if only he could have torn himself away from his girlfriend long enough to have an intelligent conversation. ?

Apart from if the -ve wire shorts to chassis then there is no protection for the +ve wire! As you say safest for fuses in both cables.
I think it’s a stand alone battery he’s getting power from. This wouldn’t be connected to the chassis in any way. So if any wire fell off from it and touched the chassis it won’t hurt a thing. Two totally separate circuits. 

Sadly I wasn't aware of this, though apparently my son was, if only he could have torn himself away from his girlfriend long enough to have an intelligent conversation. ?
I would think most of us on here would have made the prospective customer aware that they could be supplied right or left handed if we were supplying them. It's a pretty important detail when fitting out a van and a fair amount of money involved. Again, "Beware of experts".

I think it’s a stand alone battery he’s getting power from. This wouldn’t be connected to the chassis in any way. So if any wire fell off from it and touched the chassis it won’t hurt a thing. Two totally separate circuits. 
A short can occur anywhere along the cable. Commonly it's due to the cable  rubbing through on a sharp point on the vehicle's body work. That can be where it's secured well down the line. If this occurred on the now black positive the fuse on the now red negative wouldn't protect that part of the cable.

It would make no difference if the negative was direct to the battery or via the chassis of the van. (Obviously the leisure battery would need to be earthed to the chassis to complete the circuit as well. Our leisure battery is earthed to the chassis and all negatives go to the chassis earth due to having a battery monitor.)

All vehicle wiring is fused on the positive supply and there are no fuses on the negative side of the circuits. Double fusing must be done in situations where reverse polarity is needed. So with regard to this reel, if the user decided that he wanted to swap the reel to rotate in an opposite direction on occasions (I don't know why he would want to do this) then he must double fuse.

The only draw back to double fusing on a 12v system is that it adds another weak point for resistance and voltage drop, more so with blade fuses. 

When is comes to 230v then fusing the negative isn't allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think most of us on here would have made the prospective customer aware that they could be supplied right or left handed if we were supplying them. It's a pretty important detail when fitting out a van and a fair amount of money involved. Again, "Beware of experts".
I see no mention of left handed or right handed options being available on either WCW or Waterwork's websites. You would hope that if you ordered via the phone that question would be asked. My concern would always be the fitting of the hose reel in such a way that the emergency handle can be fitted and operated, but it wouldn't have crossed my mind that I need to order to a side.

I see no mention of left handed or right handed options being available on either WCW or Waterwork's websites. You would hope that if you ordered via the phone that question would be asked. My concern would always be the fitting of the hose reel in such a way that the emergency handle can be fitted and operated, but it wouldn't have crossed my mind that I need to order to a side.
That's right, it's not necessarily something we'd think of because it's equipment you or I would not be used to ordering on a frequent basis. That's why I think that the supplier should inform the purchaser of the various options and give their honest opinion as to the best choice. Making it clear of course that the final, informed decision lies with the buyer and it has to be lived with right or wrong.

I'm in the process of trying to choose an electric mountain bike. I'm researching now well in advance for an intended purchase in the spring, all being well. I know very little about them but I'm learning. I'm asking for the honest opinions of different bike shop sales staff that are also experienced eMTB enthusiasts and anyone else who can advise (including on here if anyone can help) . Final decision, right or wrong with the same responsibility down to me of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I ordered mine Jordan asked if I wanted them mirrored, I had 3 of each .

When I ordered mine Jordan asked if I wanted them mirrored, I had 3 of each .
Well in my defence I ordered them from the WCW site and there is no mention of handed availability.

Every reel I have ever purchased previously was self assembly so it was easy to set left or right handed as you built them.

Anyways they are both installed and working well and I wish we could have done this long ago.

Well in my defence I ordered them from the WCW site and there is no mention of handed availability.

Every reel I have ever purchased previously was self assembly so it was easy to set left or right handed as you built them.

Anyways they are both installed and working well and I wish we could have done this long ago.

We have been using electric reels for years, I never say never but in this case I would never go back to manual reeling lol

Back