pressure cleaning stone work

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Nick pegler DWC, Jan 11, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Nick pegler DWC

Nick pegler DWC Active Member

Hi all just some advice needed anyone cleaned some stone work on those big mock geogon houses around windows tops all stone work really ...

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. sllab

sllab Active Member

Not sure if this is what you are meaning but I did this by spraying straight hypo on it at 11% leaving it for 30 mins then coming back and pressure washing off gradually increasing the pressure just enough to get the stains off but not more.

Ideally you pressure wash the bricks as little as possible because there is a risk of efflorescence.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nick pegler DWC

That's exactly what has been asked I have 3 questions
    1..how long roughly do you think a house that size will take
    2..where can I buy hypo
    3..price for doing whole house
    thanks

4. sllab

sllab Active Member

1. To clean all the stonework I would say 3-4 days on the house picture you provided. That is assuming you can get to it easily. Ideally with a cherry picker. You will get a much better finish if you can get up to it and see what you are doing as you are doing it rather than using an extension pole from the ground.
    2. Sodium Hypochlorite you can buy at swimming pool supply shops - it is pool chlorine. should be 11-15%. Also farming supply stores. I have mole valley down my way. It is sold as deosan red label hypochlorite used in milking sheds etc. as a disinfectant. this is 11%.
    3. I would quote at around 1500 + the cost of cherry picker hire to give myself a bit of wiggle room.

5. Nick pegler DWC

6. moonpig

moonpig Active Member

What would happen when you spray the hypo on and it starts to drip would the drips not stain ?

7. sllab

sllab Active Member

On the job I was doing i made sure I was cleaning the paving underneath as well. If you have a hose/ pressure washer with you just spray the hypo on the stone and then immediately wash the brickwork below with low pressure water if you are concerned. It shouldn't stain the brickwork only clean it. If you wash it off areas you don't want to affect straight away it will be fine.

As always if you are unsure. Test it on a small inconspicuous area.

8. Nick pegler DWC

Morning everyone I have had the go ahead to book in the house shown in my first post regarding cleaning all stonework the customer is a very good one windows every 6 weeks gutters twice a year and basically has said just do it at any cost I don't want to take ******* but have any of you done this sort of scale before have pre order a access tower and can get to most from roofs cheers

9. aceman

aceman Member

Hi Nick - I have a couple of the hauf haus type houses as shown in your profile picture.

You're the first person I've seen that also cleans these - just curious as to what you charge on yours if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers, Mike

Advertisement