Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Applying hypo

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tutster

Hi all I'm basically fed up of buying pump sprays for applying the hypo to large areas what either takes me forever or they just keep knackering up on me
I made the mistake of doing this from my barrel going through my pump on my honda gx390 worked great but knackered my seals on the pump ?
Be great if someone can point me in the right direction for a battery operated system I've been looking at the gardiner backpack v3 but this says not to run chemicals through as warranty is void how you all doing this please include what type of hand held nozzles for a applying if possible any suggestions very welcome thanks in advance

You could get the backpack and replace the pump with a chemical pump. Da components sell chem pumps that fit in the Gardiner backpack and there is a YouTube video showing how to install it on the official da components channel.

Gardiner’s back pack will be fine for hypo provided you flush it out well with water after we got at least 3 years out of them , but it will invalidate the warranty
Thanks for the reply Pjj ? do they supply the hose with the v3 backpack or do I buy this separately also any suggestions on the application end what style nozzle ect

It comes with a meter of hose attached to it I would just get 20 meters of green pu pole hose and ezy snap fittings after use flush it out with clean water and put some WD40 on the fittings

So I presume it already comes with the applicator but then just adapt to the 20 meter of green pu hose thankyou for the info very much appreciated Pjj ??

The spraying lance like the hand pumps use where you can adjust the spray pattern with the nozzle etc lol
Ah ok I think it does come with a short hand held thing but something like this from Rutland pumps is much better as it will give you droplets not a mist so less drift , you can fit it to a WFP to reach any height as well .

Attachments

• 60B93A4A-9439-41FB-A33C-2B09C6974A55.jpeg
    60B93A4A-9439-41FB-A33C-2B09C6974A55.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 7343A2AE-284F-414B-97CA-28EB54D85C67.jpeg
    7343A2AE-284F-414B-97CA-28EB54D85C67.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0909.jpeg
    IMG_0909.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi all I'm basically fed up of buying pump sprays for applying the hypo to large areas what either takes me forever or they just keep knackering up on me
I made the mistake of doing this from my barrel going through my pump on my honda gx390 worked great but knackered my seals on the pump ?
Be great if someone can point me in the right direction for a battery operated system I've been looking at the gardiner backpack v3 but this says not to run chemicals through as warranty is void how you all doing this please include what type of hand held nozzles for a applying if possible any suggestions very welcome thanks in advance
why not by an x-jet?

Ah ok I think it does come with a short hand held thing but something like this from Rutland pumps is much better as it will give you droplets not a mist so less drift , you can fit it to a WFP to reach any height as well .
Great information any idea what its called so I can order one please Pjj ?

You could knock this up for the same price as a backpack
Shove the feed hose in a drum of mixed hypo and crack on
Doesn’t have to leave the van
Took 15 minutes to build this when I needed it for a job with someone helping me hence the 2 pumps
Just make sure it includes a fuse in the build
Also doubles up as emergency wfp system

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 28
This is the latest version you can get them to fit specific WFP best to phone and ask but this will fit Gardiner poles
Rutland send me this version and a black version for some reason. I'll be damned if I can figure out how this white one works?!

For large areas get an x-jet as suggested. I used to use pump-up sprayers. Viton seals make them last longer as does flushing them out as soon as you can. The X-Jet is an awful lot of money for what it is but it makes it ridiculously quick to apply.

Latest Posts

Back