Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer service.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Truckcab79

Any tips on servicing a pressure washer. My ‘spare’ is a Rocwood cheapie. Probably done about 30-40 hours on it. Overdue a service though it does get fully cleaned, dried and lubricated after every use.

It’s also had new spark plugs just so I know a decent quality plug is fitted.

Needs an oil change obviously but what else can be done? I’ve got plenty of these small engined tools four and two stroke and generally leave well alone unless they need adjusting which is rare.

Anything else I should be doing?

Many thanks.

Any tips on servicing a pressure washer. My ‘spare’ is a Rocwood cheapie. Probably done about 30-40 hours on it. Overdue a service though it does get fully cleaned, dried and lubricated after every use.

Needs an oil change obviously but what else can be done? I’ve got plenty of these small engined tools four and two stroke and generally leave well alone unless they need adjusting which is rare.

Many thanks.
Oil filter if it has one, air filter if it has one. You can check hydraulic oil.

Many thanks.
changing the oil in the engine helps prolong the life of it a lot they'll be no oil filter in your rockwood and certainly not one in the honda, just keep an eye on the oil level and the colour of the oil it should be a honey colour, if its verging on the black side it needs replacing but, depending on use or hours run a six monthly yearly oil change will be fine, the honda will just keep on going if you change the oil regular, spark plugs just clean them up if needed and adjust the gap, change the oil in the pump too its normally something like 5w/30 but check first with where you bought it from.
a quick spray of wd40 on the govenor linkage and thats really about it for servicing you are already blowing out the air filter often-hope this helps

changing the oil in the engine helps prolong the life of it a lot they'll be no oil filter in your rockwood and certainly not one in the honda, just keep an eye on the oil level and the colour of the oil it should be a honey colour, if its verging on the black side it needs replacing but, depending on use or hours run a six monthly yearly oil change will be fine, the honda will just keep on going if you change the oil regular, spark plugs just clean them up if needed and adjust the gap, change the oil in the pump too its normally something like 5w/30 but check first with where you bought it from.
a quick spray of wd40 on the govenor linkage and thats really about it for servicing you are already blowing out the air filter often-hope this helps

Cheers. Also did the sensible thing and checked the manual. There is a little sediment bowl under the fuel tank so that will be getting a clear out also.

I was using mine for 3 hours today. I have two eyeglasses to check the hydraulic oil level. Had to top one up where I have a slow leak coming from a worn out rubber seal. Will fix it at the end of season when I don't have any work left or I may end up breaking it. ?

Back